Game Freezes (not in all, but in many)
(09-24-2023, 02:07 PM)refraction Wrote: can you try moving the game to the SSD and running it from there (so you will need to use System->Start File, not the game list)? Something outside PCSX2 is causing it to hang.

Hello, I just tried it with the emulator on the SSD and the game... and it did the same thing again (I loaded the game as you also told me), I'm going to try it on another PC that I have (it's a laptop that It has an i5-7200U, with 8Gb RAM and GTX1050, with 512Gb SSD, would it be enough to test it?), (I would try Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance, which is the one I have the most control over right now).

Sponsored links

Tested on the other PC that I described in my previous comment, there are no "freezes" on that PC. What can happen?
Try updating your Video Card drivers to the latest.
yeah update drivers, plug the laptop in to the mains, make sure windows power plan is set to a high performance plan, keep your laptop cool, make sure nothing much is loaded in the background (since you only have 8gb of RAM, that's not going to last long on windows 11)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-25-2023, 11:41 AM)refraction Wrote: yeah update drivers, plug the laptop in to the mains, make sure windows power plan is set to a high performance plan, keep your laptop cool, make sure nothing much is loaded in the background (since you only have 8gb of RAM, that's not going to last long on windows 11)

I have tried formatting the PC that has W10, i7 6700, 16Gb RAM, GTX1070, SSD... etc, I will remove everything that has Windows 10 in the background and put "Maximum Performance", then I will try to play. I tell you. Thank you for your ideas and your time.
(09-24-2023, 04:43 PM)Parallax71 Wrote: It hadn't occurred to me !, I'll try it and tell you, thank you.

I had these exact same issue from a dying hard drive when either the games or the app was on the HDD, were either of these still on the HDD when you tested?
(09-26-2023, 01:31 AM)SyeThunder Wrote: I had these exact same issue from a dying hard drive when either the games or the app was on the HDD, were either of these still on the HDD when you tested?

It could have been the fault of the mechanical HDD, but... I copied some games that gave me those problems to the SSD where I only have W10 and a couple of programs and it kept happening, that's what I don't understand.
I was thinking of buying a mini-PC to emulate PS2 (using W10 or W11 and PCSX2), I have seen the Minisforum UM690, 32Gm RAM, 1Tb SSD, Ryzen 9 6900HX, what do you think?
helloo i have had the random lag issue all day with Black not running properly on my lovely pc.

i just went to emulation settings in the in game properties, turned on optimal frame pacing, turned off scale to host refresh rate, and set max frame latency to 0, and suddenly everything is fine.

not sure which one made the difference, or whether it was this and a combination of other settings ive changed in the last hour, but hopefully this helps someone.
Please don't hijack other peoples threads, open your own.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]