Game Lag. Anyone help?
I used the pscx2 on my old inspiron laptop just fine. I've since gotten a hp and am now experiencing severe lagging. I'm trying to play Fire pro Wrestling Returns and Devil May Cry. Both are a no go. Computer specs are:

Intel Celeron CPU N3150 1.60GHz

4 gb ram, 3.85 usable

64 bit operating system

Windows 10

I've tweaked the plugin settings as much I can. Nothing comes close to full game speed. Anyone got any suggestions? Or is my pc just not strong enough to run it?

Sponsored links

Quote: Or is my pc just not strong enough to run it?
This.
sorry for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The "Airmont" line of low power (power draw) Intel processors are really not designed for emulators. As the laptop version of one generation higher then my atom z3735f tablet I can give you some general recommendations on what your laptop can reasonably be expected to run.

For emulation
Anything PS1 generation is the limit (and for this generation I would recomend not using too many enhancements (higher internal resolution or high shaders, but feel free to test exactly where that point is for your device)
The earlier generations should pose little to no issue assuming you stay away from cycle accurate emulations Mednafen/bnes.

For native PC games
Anything new(ish) will need to have very low requirements (indie games like stardew valley are generally fine)
It can handle quite a few PS2/Xbox ports (Bioware Jade empire/Kotor, Halo 1 PC).
A reasonable performance metric is games that have recommended requirements of a 64MB Graphics card or lower and a P4 3.0 GHz or lower will usually run well enough if your hunting older titles for something to play.

Edit:
Small bonus of having a low power chipset like this one is generally you will get really good play times off of battery power, even when pushed hard.