Game Pad Controller
I also answered your question without mentioning the DS3 since my PS3 controller is a six axis.

(01-27-2018, 10:02 PM)TkSilver Wrote: The biggest difference and advantage of using a DS3\DS4, besides possibly saving some money if you already have one from owning the console, is that using SCPtoolkit or fireshock you can get pressure sensitive buttons working.

Are these important.... depends highly on the games you want to play. Metal Gear 2\3 greatly benefit from pressure sensitive buttons, but there are ways to work around not having it. Various other games also do use them, but they are more the exception then the rule. (Though some of those exceptions are exceptional games.)

As far as USB specifically yes you can use USB, but you can't use the USB cable that came with your PS3 system it does not have any data lines in it only power ones.... or they did something odd to the data lines in the official cable that came with at least my version of the PS3 (early but not quite the PS2 compatible kind).

Also knockoff PS3\PS4 or 3rd party ones generally will have issues with SCPtoolkit or other ways of hooking up a PS3\4 controller to a PC.

Sponsored links

(01-30-2018, 07:05 PM)TkSilver Wrote: I also answered your question without mentioning the DS3 since my PS3 controller is a six axis.

As far as USB specifically yes you can use USB, but you can't use the USB cable that came with your PS3 system it does not have any data lines in it only power ones.... or they did something odd to the data lines in the official cable that came with at least my version of the PS3 (early but not quite the PS2 compatible kind).

Also knockoff PS3\PS4 or 3rd party ones generally will have issues with SCPtoolkit or other ways of hooking up a PS3\4 controller to a PC.

Do you mean I can use ps3 controller via usb connection and scptoolkit but I need to purchase the usb cable ? 
And 3rd party ps3 controller have issues with scptoolkit ? What do you mean knock off ps3/ps4 ?
Just give your PS3 controller a try using the USB cable you have for it with SCPToolkit