Game and texture errors
I downloaded the emulator and decided to give it a try, seeing my friend using it fine. However, it doesnt seem to want to work for me. I tried to play Jak X Combat Racing, but that refused to load after the playstation 2 logo popped up. I then tried Jak 3, it was in spanish and none of the textures appeared to be working properly at all. Finally, I tried the original Ratchet and Clank. It works fine, other than the textures not working unless the object is really close up, otherwise it glitches badly. Does anyone know what may be my issue?

i7 3770k processor
16GB ram
NVidia gtx 660 2gb evga overclocked

Sponsored links

(06-15-2013, 12:21 AM)Kalrayeth Wrote: I downloaded the emulator and decided to give it a try, seeing my friend using it fine. However, it doesnt seem to want to work for me. I tried to play Jak X Combat Racing, but that refused to load after the playstation 2 logo popped up. I then tried Jak 3, it was in spanish and none of the textures appeared to be working properly at all. Finally, I tried the original Ratchet and Clank. It works fine, other than the textures not working unless the object is really close up, otherwise it glitches badly. Does anyone know what may be my issue?

i7 3770k processor
16GB ram
NVidia gtx 660 2gb evga overclocked

The texture issues are known with the Ratchet and Clank games, you can press F9 to use software rendering which will fix it. Jak 3 being in spanish may be an issue with the bios, try using "full boot" or, alternatively, if you're using full boot try switching to "fast boot" and see if that fixes the language. Otherwise, you can try booting straight to bios and manually selecting your language and then booting the game from there.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'll try that, thanks. I just tried playing Jak 2 a second ago and its graphics were glitching as well. I'll write back after taking your suggestion

(06-15-2013, 02:00 AM)Kalrayeth Wrote: I'll try that, thanks. I just tried playing Jak 2 a second ago and its graphics were glitching as well. I'll write back after taking your suggestion

Well, that seemed to fix my graphic problem on ratchet and clank, though for some reason it drops my fps down pretty low, low enough to not really be playable
(06-15-2013, 02:00 AM)Kalrayeth Wrote: I'll try that, thanks. I just tried playing Jak 2 a second ago and its graphics were glitching as well. I'll write back after taking your suggestion

Well, that seemed to fix my graphic problem on ratchet and clank, though for some reason it drops my fps down pretty low, low enough to not really be playable

You can try going into the graphics plugin settings and under software mode setting 2-3 threads and see if that gives you playable results. Unfortunately software mode is slower, it's the cost of accuracy... so if that doesn't work those are your only two real choices at the moment.
[Image: 2748844.png]
That appears to have solves my issues Laugh other than the shadows acting strangely in Jak 2 and stretching out and covering everything weirdly
my friend has in i7 2670QM and intel integrated graphics with 8GB of ram on his laptop and hes followed similar steps as me, but he seems to still experience the lag issue. Any tips for the shadow issue as well?
Heres what the shadow issue looks like
U can try to tick enable hw hacks
configure-Tick half pixel offset & wild arms offset
also u can try skipdraw values between 1-3 if above doesn't help
(06-15-2013, 06:57 AM)Preet Wrote: U can try to tick enable hw hacks
configure-Tick half pixel offset & wild arms offset
also u can try skipdraw values between 1-3 if above doesn't help

It doesnt seem to have helped
This will surely help u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&hl=en&c...cription=1

Edit-Only significant changes in PCX2 Settings
Speed Hacks
- EE Cyclerate set to 3 (MAX)
- VU Cycle Stealing Disable (0)
- MTVU Enable
Video (GS) Plugin Settings
- Direct3D 11 (Hardware)
- 640x480 Native 3x = 1920x1440
- Texture Filtering Enable
- Allow 8-bit Textures Enable
- Enable HW Hacks Enable
(Configure: Enable the following...Alpha, Half-pixel Offset, Sprite, Aggressive-CRC, Alpha Stencil)