Game and texture errors
Please stop recommending maxed out speedhack sliders.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Sorry sir but i only copy pasted that text from youtube.
I think these settings work best for him.because that user also suggested these settings for this game who was playing this game on youtube.
i don't recommend speedhacks to anyone.
If op have strong machine,he don't need speedhacks at all
@ op if u have strong machine don't use speedhacks at all
if have medium machine use recommended speedhacks
don't touch sliders
if have weak machine then u can try from lower to higher
but don't max them only at 1 or 2 should be enough.but i think it's game specific some games accept speedhacks nicely & some not
so use speedhacks at u'r own risk
i suggest to avoid them at all cost Smile
Sometimes i want to slap people. Alright.

So for starters, speed hacks aren't inherently dangerous. In some cases they can help, in some cases they won't. Tinkering with them should be left to the user's hands to see what works best for him, unless you have an actual setup to suggest that is known to work. Saying to "avoid them at all costs" is quite contradictory to what you suggested before with turning most of the speedhacks on, you really confuse me Preet.
Sometimes, keeping quiet when you can't actively search for a solution (mainly because you DON'T have the game) is best, but you can still help if you find relevant info from older threads, supposing such exist. END_RANT.

So in response to the OP, Jak X will never boot. If at some point they manage to get it started, you will know from all the fireworks.
Jak games also have a weird issue with the eyes going on, no fix as of yet except for turning software rendering on.
Jak 2 and 3 have some texture issues that have been discussed before, and as of yet there are no fixes besides SW rendering.
The same goes for the Ratchet and Clank series which use mipmapping, a feature GSdx doesn't support and thus messes up any texture after a certain distance from the camera. You can either live with this one and tinker with the speedhacks to get a reasonable speed, or, again, use SW rendering.

And in case you're wondering, software rendering means the CPU will be doing all the work instead of the GPU, thus games will (mostly) work as intended but the speed will be halved, or worse, since the CPU is already tasked with emulating the Emotion Engine.
(06-15-2013, 08:35 AM)Preet Wrote: This will surely help u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&hl=en&c...cription=1

Edit-Only significant changes in PCX2 Settings
Speed Hacks
- EE Cyclerate set to 3 (MAX)
- VU Cycle Stealing Disable (0)
- MTVU Enable
Video (GS) Plugin Settings
- Direct3D 11 (Hardware)
- 640x480 Native 3x = 1920x1440
- Texture Filtering Enable
- Allow 8-bit Textures Enable
- Enable HW Hacks Enable
(Configure: Enable the following...Alpha, Half-pixel Offset, Sprite, Aggressive-CRC, Alpha Stencil)

It doesnt even seem to boot after trying that, gets to the first logo and then stays at a black screen
Maybe u'r game is of different version
tell me which version u have ntsc or pal ?
It's NTSC
Any other ideas?
(06-17-2013, 07:54 PM)Kalrayeth Wrote: Any other ideas?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Game-and-...#pid304435