Game covers in Qt?
I can't find any option to download game covers for grid view. How do I get them?

Sponsored links

You have to go to a website, like mobygames, and download the artwork from there. PCSX2 isn't going to automatically download them for you
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(06-08-2022, 03:45 AM)sh121 Wrote: I can't find any option to download game covers for grid view. How do I get them?

you need to download them manually 1 by 1.
just so you know, it most probably won't change in the future
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
There is this project on github called 'PCSX2_Cover_Downloader' (looks like im not allowed to post links in here) that might help you downloading game covers.

You can simply put the .exe file from this project into your pcsx2 folder and run it, i just tested it and it works like a charm.
tru. it's out now
https://github.com/LouiseSulyvahn/PCSX2_...Downloader
I'm currently using eMixedNite v1.62 but it should work on any version
(08-17-2022, 07:24 PM)mmartonejr Wrote: There is this project on github called 'PCSX2_Cover_Downloader' (looks like im not allowed to post links in here) that might help you downloading game covers.

You can simply put the .exe file from this project into your pcsx2 folder and run it, i just tested it and it works like a charm.

This is awesome and should be pinned somewhere!!! (With some disclaimer that it's not 'officially' supported)
Just google it. I found this package within a few seconds. By the way, this covers package is a nice one. There are many packages with PS2 covers but this one also contains templates, so If you use GIMP or Photoshop, you can create a cover yourself for a game that's not already in the package, therfore sustaining the consistency of all game covers.

Dropbox.com link:
RetroArch Case Pack Project  
(06-08-2022, 06:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you need to download them manually 1 by 1.
just so you know, it most probably won't change in the future

Hello
Please allow me asking whether the PS2 cover download installation also work for linux, I guess not becase it is the windows .exe file, right? 
I am using steam deck for the PCSX2 and don't know how to see the games cover in the emulator.
By the way, it is very strange that in my last steam deck the PCSX2 did show the games cover, while now I changed to another steam deck on which the PCSX2 can not show any games cover with the same PS2 games... Perhaps because of different PCSX2 versions? I did meet the problem that I had to download the dedicated PS2 BIOS package just for the PCSX2 version 1.7xxx which is installed in the current steam deck, I forget which PCSX2 version was installed on my last old steam deck.
(01-11-2023, 10:02 PM)schuma6 Wrote: I did meet the problem that I had to download the dedicated PS2 BIOS package just for the PCSX2 version 1.7xxx
problem is we can't answer you since piracy isn't tolerated as you already know