Game feels extremely laggy even though it runs at a constant 60fps?
Why is this? I'm trying to play metal slug anthology and it is extremely laggy. I'm running it at 60fps at all times but it takes up to a second for my commands to be displayed on screen.

I have tried disabling all speed hacks, still running the same 60fps + terrible lags.

My CPU is FX-6300 and my video is a 5850. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

What speed hack u use and what pcsx2 version u use
Besides, if getting nominal speed without speedhacks you don't need them. But most importantly... what's the game?
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-14-2013, 06:46 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Besides, if getting nominal speed without speedhacks you don't need them. But most importantly... what's the game?
"I'm trying to play metal slug anthology"
(05-14-2013, 07:00 PM)Saiki Wrote: "I'm trying to play metal slug anthology"

Aha, that explain it all, it's slugggy Smile

Sorry, bad joke, sadly I can't really say how this game behaves with the emulator.

But what I can't really explain is why I didn't see the game's name in the OP and read it twice!

PS: my first bet would be excess VU cycle stealing but was reported he tried without speedhacks also.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Try disabling speedhacks.
I did disable ALL speedhacks and the game did feel a bit smoother but not by much :|
What could be the issue? For example Tekken 5 runs flawless and my logic says it's a lot more intensive than a 2d sidescroller.

If anyone else already played it fine can you please tell me how you accomplished it?

By the way, the version i use is the one currently on site and i used the youtube video to configure it. And yes, i did disable all speed hacks and the improvement was minimal.
Quote:For example Tekken 5 runs flawless and my logic says it's a lot more intensive than a 2d sidescroller.
bad logic, really.
It entirely depends on how the games were hardcoded. I think those ones were neo-geo games, and they have been ported in a harsh way.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-14-2013, 09:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: bad logic, really.
It entirely depends on how the games were hardcoded. I think those ones were neo-geo games, and they have been ported in a harsh way.
Ok soooo, the explanation is that the game is just natively running bad and there's no way around it?
no, the game is natively running well on your PS2.
but since it's a harsh port, It's kinda hard to emulate properly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go