Game fix render fmv in software mode
This game fix is broken if the game is already in software mode.  With software mode, the fmv renders in hardware mode instead with this fix.  Can someone please fix this?

Sponsored links

There is a manual fix that renders all FMVs in Software Mode. It's in emulation settings.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
From which revision did you notice this ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-01-2019, 05:09 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: There is a manual fix that renders all FMVs in Software Mode. It's in emulation settings.

This is the setting they are referring to. The behavior of the setting is it essentially executes the same function as when you hit F9 to toggle renderer mode. I think there's some problem with how to detect the current mode (it's way easier to swap modes than poll for the current, due to the current architecture/plugin infrastructure), so it's just sort of assumed that if someone is playing in SW mode, they won't enable the setting, since they don't need it at all.
Latest beta with OGL SW already selected and enabling the gamefix before running the game
I just run Ar Tonelico 2 and wait for the FMV to start
Code:
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Software renderer)
Available VRAM/RAM:3840MB for textures
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Delete 0 Shaders, 34 Programs, 28 Pipelines
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
3.x GL context successfully created
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware renderer)
Available VRAM/RAM:3840MB for textures

Does it really GSdx\PCSX2 can't easily tell what is the current mode...pcsx2 is writing it to the log every time you make any change(maybe save the mode to a variable while writing it to the console)