Game freezes
Hi, I'm new to using the PCSX2 emulator and I've been encountering problems with my emulator.

I've been running two games: Persona 3 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and I've been encountering random freezes.

In Persona 3, the freeze always comes at the exact same spot, on April 9th where you are about to go into the school, but the music is still running for some reason, it's just the screen freezes. In Need for Speed, the freezes seems like it occurs when I crash into an object.

Sponsored links

Copied from a mod's post:

Quote:In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
- Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
- The version of PCSX2 you are using.
- Any non default settings you are using.
- What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Oh, sorry.

CPU: i7 3630QM quad core
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 650m
Memory: 8 GB RAM
PCSX2 version: 1.2.1
No default settings: I think I chose negative for 2 things instead of the default for emulation settings and that's it
Can you post the emulog.txt?
it's located in My Documents/PCSX2/logs/emulog.txt
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-23-2014, 09:07 AM)Succession Wrote: No default settings: I think I chose negative for 2 things instead of the default for emulation settings and that's it

Why did you change them? They can cause freezes, please put them back to zero/chop
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I put them back to zero/chop, but in NFS it doesn't freeze, but there's MAJOR FPS drops at some areas, such as getting busted.

[Image: 2014-05-23_1512.png]
Can you check EE% and GS% readings during those lags? Probably your cpu is limiting in such areas.
(05-24-2014, 12:21 AM)willkuer Wrote: Can you check EE% and GS% readings during those lags? Probably your cpu is limiting in such areas.

EE% stays near 100%, but GS% tends to go down to around 30-40%.
So you cpu is imiting you....

Have you tried speedhacks? At least enable the recommended ones..
MTVU can help or can slow-down. You can just check what happens if you turn it off and on again.