Game masks itself as Video DVD?
I've been trying to take a look at the data of a game and maybe put the .elf through a disassembler, but... When I open the iso, or put the disc in a PC drive, it appears as a video DVD.

It is literally titled "DVDVIDEO" and opening it via explorer only shows the (for a video dvd) usual AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. Filled with 2kb .ifo and .bup dummy files.

PCSX2 starts the game just fine and reads the SYSTEM.CNF and elf file effortlessly. The console even states IOP messages such as these:

DVCI: "DATA¥GAME.DAT" found.
DVCI: Total 1 files.

So there's gotta be a file system somewhere on this disk. But how can I access it?

Sponsored links

There are some discs that have a hidden partition/files and in this case you are out of luck without writting a proper script for it and manually HEX and find the start and the end of each file.
Does homebrew work with PCSX2? If it can be done, uLaunchelf can be used to transfer the DVD files over.
(11-23-2012, 03:36 AM)Amak Wrote: Does homebrew work with PCSX2? If it can be done, uLaunchelf can be used to transfer the DVD files over.

I just tested it, there is a uLauchELF version that works with pcsx2 and I can see the actual directory structure of the disc there, but...
Transfer the files over to where? I tried moving them to a memory card, but mymc only detects and extracts save games. So the files are still stuck on the memory card.

There is no functional HD or USB stick emulation yet, is there?
Tried sksapps.com? If there's a program that can extract the PS2 disc's files you'll probably find it here: http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=mis.html