Game not fully loading
Hello, my name is Jordiebee and I only just got PCSX2 so I have little to no experience with it. The issue I am having is with a game not fully loading. I can start up the game and it runs perfectly up until the actual loading screen. I should specify that the game itself is GTA: San Andreas. Once the loading bar is complete, the music continues but the slideshow usually present on the loading screen stops on whatever the image was when it finished loading. It's been like it for 25 minutes with no progress. I haven't got the best specs, but the game runs at a constant 60 FPS. If any other info is required, I'd be happy to oblige. Thanks, Jordie.

Sponsored links

(08-16-2013, 08:25 PM)Jordiebee Wrote: Hello, my name is Jordiebee and I only just got PCSX2 so I have little to no experience with it. The issue I am having is with a game not fully loading. I can start up the game and it runs perfectly up until the actual loading screen. I should specify that the game itself is GTA: San Andreas. Once the loading bar is complete, the music continues but the slideshow usually present on the loading screen stops on whatever the image was when it finished loading. It's been like it for 25 minutes with no progress. I haven't got the best specs, but the game runs at a constant 60 FPS. If any other info is required, I'd be happy to oblige. Thanks, Jordie.

Can you post the emulog.txt from the /logs/ folder after this freeze occurs?
[Image: 2748844.png]
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Jordie\Desktop\ROMs and Worlds\ROMs\PS2\Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (USA) (v3.00).iso
Image type = DVD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1226752 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Jordie\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Jordie\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0012c6f4
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0012c6f4
give a try with your original PS2 DVD.
looks like you misriped it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, I tried to use my physical copy of the game and the exact same thing happened, and the message from the log was identical.

What can I do now?
re-buy your game.
that CD/DVD read error clearly shows your disc is damaged
But it works fine on the my actual PS2? And please don't say why not use the PS2 then.. I want this as a portable alternative (I'm using a laptop).
maybe try re-ripping using imgburn at a slower speed, it may help sometimes.
(08-17-2013, 12:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: maybe try re-ripping using imgburn at a slower speed, it may help sometimes.
How would I go about doing this? Sorry, I have no clue..
just re-make your iso like you did the first time, but this time, select a slower reading speed. (I guess you should have an option for this)