Game pad not working in FFXII International. Pleas Help.
Can i use my old PS2 pad and buy a connector to connect it to pc?

Thanks
Sorry for the bother but now when binding the mouse is moving while binding in the direction of the arrows up or down left to right instead of assigning keys! I think i must have changed something in the LyliPad. Please advise!!

Thanks
So I have managed to reset the whole of my configuration out of desperation. And now i cant bind anything nothing works! It wont work on any games.

Does that mean my Pad is malfunctioing?

Thanks

Sponsored links

First the gamepad should work with windows. Afterwards you care for pcsx2. Put pcsx2 aside for the moment.

Please check again in device manager the status of your gamepad. Every device of your pc needs to be listed there. Check all subgroups not only those you think are correct.

And yes you can use DS controllers as well but you need an input wrapper. But I would first consider to solve the problems of your other gamepad.
Hi again

I found the controller under Human interface Devices. After clicking on it i got the HID-Compliant Game controller.

It says the status is Ok.I have tried to update driver and it says i have the latest.

What do you think?
Sounds good. Now go to the windows usb game controller configuration.
Is you device listed there? If yes can you please check functionality? Do all buttons work? Are analog sticks and D-Pad working separately? If not what buttons do not work?
It says device is working properly!! But wen i try to calibrate the buttons dont work! I have also used the software that came with pad and when calibrating i still cant get the button to work.
Please remove the gamepad and try to completely remove the driver. Restart PC. Connect the gamepad to a new group of usb slots (usb slots are normally appearing in pairs - if you used the front slots of your pc then use now the back slots. If you used the one of the bottom two usb ports use now one of the upper ones). Reinstall driver.
Check functionality of gamepad in windows.
No good my friend!!

Now i have another problem that is the joy pad is controlling the mouse pointer as well. So if i move control on my pad the mouse pointer move as well in the same directions as the joy pad movement.

Do you think that there is an overlap between the USB controlling the Mouse and Joy pad? is there such thing?

Sorry about this but please i need help!!
Have you installed the gamepad utility as well? Probably the gamepad has the ability to act as a mouse. Normally you can enable or disable such a thing using the utility.
You can have a look as well under system settings -> mouse and check if your gamepad is listed there.
I dont know any more!! Nothing is working! not the assigning or the binding and the buttons of the joy pad don't work anymore.
It's really hard to help you if you post all the time that nothing is working...
What does assigning or binding mean? Are you playing with lilypad? If yes, why? Have you solved the other problems as mouse input and recognition of analog sticks as D-pad?