Game question.
Question 
I have a pretty decent computer, and I have a question.
I have the recommended specs and such for PCSX2(no problem here), but I would like to know if anyone has tried Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition on the new version of PCSX2(0.9.8), or know how well it is working?
With the new PCSX2, a lot of my games have been working almost perfectly, and makes me want to get my other PS2 games back.
Getting MC3DE back again soon, and I don't want to plug my PS2 into my new HDTV, 512x512 looks horrible on it.

Thanks.
Gaming Aliases: Twizted/Twisted/Twizted_Metal/Twisted_Metal, Gandar/Gandár, Axxon

Check my profile for system specs.

Sponsored links

I think that is one of the games that only runs/looks right in software rendering, so there may be no escaping native res (as of yet). It's always worth a try when new revs come out. If nothing else, you can benefit from software AA to spruce up that native res.

BTW - I don't have this game, so I can't confirm this. Just what I recall. Smile
(05-16-2011, 01:51 AM)Rezard Wrote: I think that is one of the games that only runs/looks right in software rendering, so there may be no escaping native res (as of yet). It's always worth a try when new revs come out. If nothing else, you can benefit from software AA to spruce up that native res.

BTW - I don't have this game, so I can't confirm this. Just what I recall. Smile

Okay, Thanks for the response.
When I get it back, I'll try it out and see. Then I'll respond back with my results(assuming it's been a while since this game has been mentioned, and some others might want to know).
Gaming Aliases: Twizted/Twisted/Twizted_Metal/Twisted_Metal, Gandar/Gandár, Axxon

Well, I'm able to play Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix at 30-50 fps, and 60 when I'm not viewing a whole lot.
I'd say on 0.9.8 it's still fairly playable.

Edit: With a 3.0GHz dual-core(with a few speed hacks, and Custom Resolution and Window in DirectX10 Hardware 1280x720), I'd recommend after making your cars and such, just go into arcade and turn off Pedestrians and Traffic. While driving: 40-50 FPS, staying still: 60 FPS.

Hope this will help anyone else.

May I ask what speedhacks and settings you used to get to game playable ?
I have a C2D 3.0GHz (E8400) myself, graphic card is a 8800 GTS but from what I read, EE getting close to 100% shows the CPU is the bottleneck. Before I resort to overclocking it I would like to know what you did.
On my computer in hardware mode whenever I get past 20mph, the game slows down almost to a halt (less than 1fps) and comes back to normal when the car stops.

(05-16-2011, 08:37 PM)Axxon Wrote: Well, I'm able to play Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix at 30-50 fps, and 60 when I'm not viewing a whole lot.
I'd say on 0.9.8 it's still fairly playable.

Edit: With a 3.0GHz dual-core(with a few speed hacks, and Custom Resolution and Window in DirectX10 Hardware 1280x720), I'd recommend after making your cars and such, just go into arcade and turn off Pedestrians and Traffic. While driving: 40-50 FPS, staying still: 60 FPS.

Hope this will help anyone else.

(06-06-2011, 07:13 PM)paranone Wrote: May I ask what speedhacks and settings you used to get to game playable ?
I have a C2D 3.0GHz (E8400) myself, graphic card is a 8800 GTS but from what I read, EE getting close to 100% shows the CPU is the bottleneck. Before I resort to overclocking it I would like to know what you did.
On my computer in hardware mode whenever I get past 20mph, the game slows down almost to a halt (less than 1fps) and comes back to normal when the car stops.

I uploaded a PNG(to this post) of the speed hacks I had used when I used the AMD Athlon x2 250 3GHz processor(which looks to be the equivalent to your Intel processor). I had it in DX10(Hardware)@1280x720 with Texture filtering, Allow 8-bit textures, and the Alpha Correction.

For the record, I use the ISO(for better speed) of my game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)