Game slow down, but my PC is strong enough
Hey,

I'm playing Global Defense Force and I'm at the point in the game where stuff gets stupid. Ton of enemies and such. So the slow down is horrendous, but my FPS is at a constant 50 frames, and with the limiter turned off it'll shoot up to 180FPS at times.

Is there anyway to improve this, or is this the way the games supposed to be? I've played EDF 2017 on the 360 and it never lagged this bad, but it did lag.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
probably speedhacks slowing you town
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Framelimiter has to be on to keep things sync, 50fps is where thing will start slowing down and showing, also if you using speed hacks other then recommend ones you will get false fps reading and if ps2 game have those slowdowns then so will the emulator...

you need give pc specs, just causes you have strong pc for PC games dont mean it strong for pcsx2 emulation.
(03-21-2014, 05:19 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Framelimiter has to be on to keep things sync, 50fps is where thing will start slowing down and showing, also if you using speed hacks other then recommend ones you will get false fps reading and if ps2 game have those slowdowns then so will the emulator...

you need give pc specs, just causes you have strong pc for PC games dont mean it strong for pcsx2 emulation.

It could be a PAL game.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-21-2014, 05:23 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It could be a PAL game.

if that was the case then he is using speedhack other then recommend ones in which case he getting false fps reading.

On ntsc 50 fps is where you start noticing slow down in both graphics and sound well some people notice it other dont till it gets slow, i see and hear the slow down at 50fps on pal it probably at 40fps. Either way he need to post his pc specs and suspect if it lagging at 50fps and he is using pal , then again speed hacks other then recommended one are be used which mean he getting false fps readings
(03-21-2014, 03:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Let's see:

i5-4670k @ 3.4GHz
8Gigs Ram
nVidia 9800GT 512MB (but I had the same problem with a HD7870 2GB)
Windows 7 x64

The version is 1.2.1

As far as settings go- I just have it on 'balanced' for the emulator setting and I just upped the resolution to 1080p for the video.

I'm also running the ISO, which is PAL, so thats why it's 50FPS. When I disable the frame limiter, it'll shoot up to 140-180FPS on the slow down parts. That makes the game run at a normalish speed, but turn on the framelimiter to 50FPS, it slooooooooow.
turn off the presets in VU/EE and use mtvu hack, and like said if the orginal game had those slowdowns there nothing you can do about it.

And framelimiter needs to be on to keep video/sound in sync there are ways around posted in the forums but it breaks things
I need to overclock and add more ram to my PS2... virtually lol
(03-21-2014, 06:42 AM)Scaliber Wrote: I need to overclock and add more ram to my PS2... virtually lol

I have a fx 8350 and a Radeon R9 290X and with a few games i have little slowdowns to xDDDD, but with normal games and etc with 6x native resolution or at 4K and works fluently at 50 fps ( i am european)
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT  
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
RAM: Corsair 16 GB 1600 Mhz

Desktop
[Image: 1086677.png]

Laptop
[Image: 872520.png]