Game that requires a lot of CPU power to emulate
Can anyone recommend a game for me to really test the performance of my new Core i7 running PCSX2? I had been playing (and will soon finish) Persona 3 and on my new hardware I am able to run the emulator with all speed hacks off and GSDX in DX10 software mode (5 threads) and still get no lower than 55 fps.

Sponsored links

Shadow of the Colossus Tongue

Also, you may as well run 6 or 7 threads with the i7 to get those last 5 fps in for full speed.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Shadow of the Colossus is easy (just use the Vu Cycle Stealer hack). Try Xenosaga Episode I and you'll see what a demanding game is. Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.
(05-15-2009, 06:47 AM)rodiablo Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus is easy (just use the Vu Cycle Stealer hack). Try Xenosaga Episode I and you'll see what a demanding game is. Good luck.

Even with the VU Cycle steal, the game still does not run all that well on my system.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Need for speed games are very poorly optimized, might be because they are ported and the programmers didn't care as long as it ran.

MGS3 is also a *****, in the intro, the game itself is better.
Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

oh some good ones to try would be Armored Core games, those are slow Tongue2
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
However, I suppose ANY game is CPU demanding when you run it in software mode...
(05-15-2009, 08:37 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

T5 runs at 25-30fps on a 2.2 with no speedhacks and 8600gt (not that demanding anymore)
(05-15-2009, 05:16 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(05-15-2009, 08:37 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

T5 runs at 25-30fps on a 2.2 with no speedhacks and 8600gt (not that demanding anymore)

thats less than half of full speed ;p

so based on that i'm guessing it'd need a ~4ghz c2d to run at full speed w/o hacks.
any game that needs that high of a requirement to run full speed is pretty demanding if you ask me...
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Tekken5 seem i get around 60fps-50fps to me in directx.10 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.