Game works, then crashes, please help
Ok, so I just installed everything and was anxious to start a game, so I put in Splinter Cell. Everything works perfectly, even the video at the beginning. The game crashes, though when the loading for the first mission is over with and you have to press x to begin the mission. I also get an error report on the game Mercenaries when the game is done loading. I dont know what to do now. (oh and I am playing the disc versions of the games, so this is not piracy.)

Sponsored links

i haven't found the game in the compatibility list
anybody knows if this game playable or not ?
Splinter Cell's actually listed as "Ingame" under "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell" as of version 0.9.6, and it could be entirely possible that it is still not playable.

"Mercenaries - Playground of Destruction" is listed as "Intro" (meaning it will not reach any menu screen before crashing/freezing/etc) as of 0.9.6, so it could still possibly not be playable.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Mercenaries could be considered as ingame or playable. The problem in 0.9.6 was probably that it used so much Vram in the intro that it crashed (same as mercenaries 2), however with software mode it should get ingame probably (but very slow).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-29-2011, 08:37 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Mercenaries could be considered as ingame or playable. The problem in 0.9.6 was probably that it used so much Vram in the intro that it crashed (same as mercenaries 2), however with software mode it should get ingame probably (but very slow).
Are there other versions I could use to be able to play Mercenaries? And thank you all for the replies, it feels good to know that it might not be my computer that is the problem. If it is still not playable, how can you get it playable, like other games?
Other than trying Software mode in GSdx as I mentioned before I doubt there's much else you can do for now :/
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64