GameFAQ Saves to PCSX2 Memory Cards
(05-01-2014, 09:19 PM)vsub Wrote: I bet it's UAC again...try this:
1.Copy the card to the desktop
2.Open it with mymc and import the same
3.Copy the card back to the memory cards folder

Btw I saw two problems:
1.Why the memory card folder is in C:\Program FIles (x86)\memcards
If you use the installer version,it should be in My Documents\PCSX2 or(not likely while using the installer version)in C:\Program FIles (x86)\PCSX2\

2.Using pcsx2 from Program Files(on anything other than WinXP) can case those kind of problems(the program can't write the changes to the file and that's why your save is not imported)

I tried doing that but but the the save file still didn't show up
Edit: Iwas in the wrong memory folder, I downloaded pcsx2 twice at some point.

Sponsored links

This was a great guide to users who are new to the process of save management. I used Mymc for a while and it works really great. The only problem I faced was that I exported a save one and it became corrupted when I tried to transfer back. Thought it was Gran Turismo 3 with about 60% completion, I backed up my memcard beforehand and I only lost about half the progress. Be sure to back up memcards before trying to modify saves.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
hello vsub.
i imported a kh2fm save file with mymc. here is the link of the save https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/935702...mix-/saves
and its the Critical Mode, Level 99, completed the game, can fight the Lingering Spirit and the Limit Cut Versions at any time.
i check the browser to see if the save file is in the memory card (slot 1). And the save file is there. I then boot up the game and see if i can load the save file. but the save is not there. What do i do??? do i maybe need to get the exact same ISO as the save if so. can you possibly find the correct ISO for the save. im currently using this ISO link removed
(12-28-2018, 12:00 AM)superberserker Wrote: hello vsub.
i imported a kh2fm save file with mymc. here is the link of the save https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/935702...mix-/saves
and its the Critical Mode, Level 99, completed the game, can fight the Lingering Spirit and the Limit Cut Versions at any time.
i check the browser to see if the save file is in the memory card (slot 1). And the save file is there. I then boot up the game and see if i can load the save file. but the save is not there. What do i do??? do i maybe need to get the exact same ISO as the save if so. can you possibly find the correct ISO for the save. im currently using this ISO link removed

Piracy is unsupported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-03-2012, 11:55 AM)vsub Wrote:
Mymc is extremely easy to use program and it supports MAX Drive (.max), EMS (.psu), SharkPort (.sps), X-Port (.xps) and Code Breaker (.cbs) saves

If you're using new card make sure it's formatted.
  • Start PCSX2=>CDVD=>No Disk

• System=>Boot CDVD (Fast\Full) - it doesn't matter which you choose

• After the mini movie go to Browser and enter the card.If it's not formatted,a suggestion will appear to format the card.When everything is done close the emu.
Importing save to PSCX2 memory card
  • When you have formatted your new card or if you have already a card that you're using just open mymc-gui.

• Two windows will pop up and with the one in front select your memory card(Mcd001/2.ps2)

• Click on the second icon(import) or File=>Import and select your save that you've downloaded from Gamefaq
  • That's all
Exporting save from PSCX2 memory card
  • For exporting a save just select it and click on the third icon.You'll have an option to choose(Save as type) to what format to be exported,PSU(uLaunchELF uses those saves) or MAX(Action Replay).Keep in mind that some save uses characters that are not allowed in windows so you just have to rename the save before saving it.
Deleting save from PSCX2 memory card
  • Just select the saves and use File=>Delete
How to use PSV saves
  • After you download your save use the program called PSV Explorer(included in the attachment).Open the program,click on the first icon or File=>Open PSV and select your PSV save.

• You'll find some files inside.Click on the third icon(all) or File=>Export All Files=>choose where to be extracted(for example on your desktop)and click ok.

• Now we are going to use another program,PS2 Save Builder(also included in the package).

• Open the program,select all the files inside the folder that PSV Explorer created and drag-drop them into the PS2 Save Builder window.
    Now copy the name of the folder that PSV Explorer created and paste it to the Root/ID of PS2 Save Builder.

• Now click on the diskette icon or File=>Save As and choose from Save as Type .max .psu .sps .xps or .cbs(because mymc supports only those formats)

• When you create you save just use mymc to import the save
    -------------------------------------------------------------
  • If you can't use mymc but want PSV save,just skip the steps after you extract the save and continue with the guide below

How to do it without mymc

The old guide at ngemu is reeealy old so I make a little update

On some Operating systems mymc won't work for some reason,so here is how to do it without mymc.
  • Download ImgBurn
  • Open your save with PS2 Save Builder=>copy the Root\ID=>select all of the files=>right click=>Extract=>Create a new folder with the Root\ID you just copied for the name and save the files inside.
  • Open ImgBurn=>Mode=>Build=>drag-drop the folder you just created with the save files to the field below Source.
  • On the right side switch to the Options tab and for file system choose ISO9660 + Joliet
  • Again on the right side,switch to the Advanced tab=>Restrictions=>Joliet=>enable "Allow Files Without Extension"
  • Click on the big folder to image icon on the left side and...

• First it will ask if you want to add only the files if you added only a single save\folder so choose NO

• Second,another warning because you didn't added a label for the image so click Yes=>Ok=>Ok and that's all from ImgBurn

• Now start pcsx2=>CDVD=>
  • If you choose Image,you must select the image you created from the Iso Selector=>Browse menu
  • If you choose plugin,you have to go to Config=>Plugin/Bios Selector=>Plugins=>CDVD=>choose Linuzappz ISO=>Apply=>click the Configure button on CDVD and configure Linuzappz ISO and either select the image by clicking on the "Select Iso" button or leave the field empty(that way Lunuzappz ISO will always ask you want to load...I prefer this so I'm using it for the guide)
  • Click ok buttons until all of the dialogs are closed
    System=>Run ELF=>choose the BOOT.ELF I added to the attachment(it's a special version of uLaunchELF that works with pcsx2),then another dialog will appear(because I choose Linuzappz ISO)asking for the image...so choose it.

• Now when uLaunchELF load choose(with the circle button)FileBrowser=>cdfs=>highlight the folder or press X on it=>R1=>Copy=>press the triangle button to go back to the devices=>mc0=>R1=>Paste
  • That's all.

Or here is another method

Some saves contains information that is lost when you extract the save to a folder(those cases are really rare so use this method if nothing else works or if your saves are already .psu format),so here is a method how to avoid this.

It only works for MAX Drive (.max), EMS (.psu), SharkPort (.sps), X-Port (.xps)...for Code Breaker (.cbs) saves it requires extra steps
  • If the save is .psu format,just skip to how to create the image(you are placing the .psu files directly into the image...rather than folders)

• If the save is not .psu format,you have to use the PS2 Save Converter to open the save and save it as .psu

• If the save is .cbs,you have to first use PS2 Save Builder to save it as some of the formats above and then use PS2 Save Converter to save it as .psu

• When you are done with converting and making the image,load the BOOT.ELF and the image like I explained above,copy the files from cdfs,go to the memory card and R1=>psuPaste

• That's all
PS.All of the ImgBurn settings are remembered automatically so you don't have to reconfigure everything every time

Edit:Added another method and the required program for it

hello 
i tried fellowing ur save convert steps into making from psv to ps2 .. but cant do it ! help !
Post the save you want
(04-11-2020, 08:37 AM)vsub Wrote: Post the save you want
the 
The hard to find all gold licences and their prize cars 0% races completed. PAL 
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/561066...mo-4/saves

Attached Files
.zip   gran-turismo-4.19808.zip (Size: 1,45 MB / Downloads: 174)
Try this

Attached Files
.zip   GT4.zip (Size: 1,51 MB / Downloads: 203)
(04-11-2020, 01:42 PM)vsub Wrote: Try this
says
"no gt4 game data was found in memory..."
If you select the card,that could mean that you have a different version of the game
When you run the game,check the console(Misc=>Show Console)and see if the title says SCES-51719