Gamepad-friendly main menu
PCSX2 + Henrik Rydgård

Oh God Yes.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Some like and prefer the (now) old school look but yea, we're open to gui changes.
It should make it possible to control the main functions with a pad for example.
Personally I don't want a mobile first gui though.
It'll be the day when I need to swipe over my desktop monitor ><
(01-12-2014, 11:43 AM)rama Wrote: Some like and prefer the (now) old school look but yea, we're open to gui changes.
It should make it possible to control the main functions with a pad for example.
Personally I don't want a mobile first gui though.
It'll be the day when I need to swipe over my desktop monitor ><

PPSSPP GUI works really good with keyboard or mouse or gamepad.

That said however, I don't switch games nearly as often in PCSX2. The menu interface works just fine. The PPSSPP interface is definitely slick though.

The biggest reason I drop out of fullscreen in PCSX2 is to check the log to see if F9 really forced software(if I was already running at native) or to see my FPS. Stuff like that. I wish we could have status messages in the GS plugins.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That's definitely a valid point. We're missing savestate previews, status message overlays and whatnot.
No one offered help on that yet though, except for that one time where we started but never got it working Tongue2
So yea, changing the gui is possible but not an easy thing to do.
Yes,it wold be nice to have the save state preview as a build in feature but since it's added yet,I just use my multi converter to give me that feature
I also made something similar for ppsspp(save state manager that gives you that ability)
vsub: Any chance you can port your code so it integrates with GSdx or PCSX2's GS window?
The code is nothing special(I don't know how to port it)
I'm just getting text from the console and the GS window,create image of the window client area and combine all that info into a window with no caption and taskbar button.

Did anyone said that that preview has to be part of the GS output(like ePSXe..you see that my preview work just as good)...just make it like me(it will be easier for you(or some other dev)since you already have the info once you press the hotkey(I have to scan the console to get it and do all kind of other things to put correct name and slot number)),just display a window with no caption and taskbar button that contains image that pcsx2 can also get(I have to use external program to get the image)
See, I've no idea how to do all that, what options there are, etc Tongue2
What won't work is an extra window over the existing GS window.
That would disturb fullscreen playing a lot.
Does the save state preview from multi converter disturb full screen?
It's external window that is displayed over the Gs window(always on top window)without stealing the focus from the GS Window.

I knew that it could case problems if the window steal the focus so added a parameter to not do that but to still be over the active window(the Gs window)

When not in full screen,I get the position of the GS Window and calculate the position where the preview window will appear.
If I remember correctly,in full screen I either get the desktop resolution and calculate the location or do the same as above.

I'm sure if this is how pcsx2 work but this is my theory:
When you start a game pcsx2 place the main executable name into variable(lets call it GN)and another one for the crc(let's call it crc)
There is a variable(lets call is SSN)that contains the slot number(from 0 to 9)...when you press F2 that variable is increase by 1 and if the variable is 9 while pressing F2,it will set the variable to 0

When you press F1,pcsx2 combine CRC_SSN and add pnach extension,then create the save state with that name and compress it

I'm doing almost the same thing but also use the GN variable to make the multi converter know that I'm playing a different game and he need to get the crc again)

So in pcsx2,use the screenshots taking feature to create the preview,resize the image(don't know the language pcsx2 use)and use the crc and ssn variables to save the image with that name and then display a window for set time that don't steal the focus and add info about which slot number you are looking at.

Don't know how useful this info was but this is basically what I do with multi converter...get the info,create a preview with irfan view and display everything in a window that don't steal the focus
Here's a possible solution http://hyperspin-fe.com/