Games are lagging when trying to play.
(01-04-2018, 12:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I was asking for a consistent argument.
not you "experience".

Anything else ?

Sure, ask him to show the disk with him/her in the picture as well... and you will see that (s)he is unable to do so.

Sponsored links

(01-04-2018, 12:25 PM)mstreurman Wrote: Sure, ask him to show the disk with him/her in the picture as well... and you will see that (s)he is unable to do so.

why would i do this ?
If i follow your idea, we would have to do so for every single user.

What I'm asking again : How can you prove from what the user posted that he/she's using a scene release ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-04-2018, 12:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: why would i do this ?
If i follow your idea, we would have to do so for every single user.

What I'm asking again : How can you prove from what the user posted that he/she's using a scene release ?

No you would not have to do this for every single user, only the ones suspected of using scene releases which are easily recognizable by the names of their iso's. I see them so often in this forum it's not even funny, another giveaway you see happen often (though also not a 100% fool proof, but nothing except for a picture is) is the folder where they open such a release from "downloads". It is just plain hilarious. Or the people that say "I am a new user of PCSX2" and are complaining that their game doesn't start and then find out "oh it is a compressed zip/7z/rar file", I mean, how the hell can you not know that if you created the dump yourself.

How can I prove from what the user posted? Well, he posted his emulog with a scene release iso name.

I mean, a long time ago (5+ yrs), I used to be in the scene as well, but not anymore. I only have real homemade dumps now and a broken PS2 but I do not have the disks nor the broken PS2 where I live but they are still in my possession at my moms place since I moved abroad and couldn't take everything with me. (I asked a while ago if this is a problem, but nobody ever replied to that)...

On the other side you didn't answer my question: how many people do you know that name their home made dumps like this, and what would you name your own dumps?
(01-04-2018, 12:52 PM)mstreurman Wrote: No you would not have to do this for every single user, only the ones suspected of using scene releases which are easily recognizable by the names of their iso's. I see them so often in this forum it's not even funny, another giveaway you see happen often (though also not a 100% fool proof, but nothing except for a picture is) is the folder where they open such a release from "downloads". It is just plain hilarious.
That's your opinion. not that it's interesting, but still, it's based on your "experience". I don't see where it can be consistent, then.
Quote:Or the people that say "I am a new user of PCSX2" and are complaining that their game doesn't start and then find out "oh it is a compressed zip/7z/rar file", I mean, how the hell can you not know that if you created the dump yourself.
I guess you've been using computers for very little time. don't worry we all have been beginners once. Smile
Many archivers/unarchivers tend to recognize iso format as compressed one (and they're right). Thus, they get an "archive" icon, just as if they were a 7z or rar file.
Thus, when you make your own dump, it can directly get an "archive" icon.
Quote:How can I prove from what the user posted? Well, he posted his emulog with a scene release iso name.
No. he posted his emulog with what YOU think is a scene release iso name
Quote:...blah blah...my life....

So, anything consistent , at last ?
(01-04-2018, 01:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: That's your opinion. not that it's interesting, but still, it's based on your "experience". I don't see where it can be consistent, then.
I guess you've been using computers for very little time. don't worry we all have been beginners once. Smile
Many archivers/unarchivers tend to recognize iso format as compressed one (and they're right). Thus, they get an "archive" icon, just as if they were a 7z or rar file.
Thus, when you make your own dump, it can directly get an "archive" icon.
No. he posted his emulog with what YOU think is a scene release iso name

So, anything consistent , at last ?
Sorry that I have to join in.

Look at the forum, at people's emulogs that you ask for. I've seen quite a few people 'name' their ISOs like that. It's difficult to have this conversation if you'd expect a large group of people to 'name' their ISOs in such an unorthodox way and not just the simple way - like just the game title, maybe...? Not to mention that some people literally open the ISO from their downloads folder as mentioned. What's suspicious is that the OP has the USA BIOS but the PAL version of the game... Why not just get the NTSC version?

Furthermore, YouTube videos are a good source for this. The best example are people posting 'best PCSX2 settings' videos with a link to a ROM site in the description, and would you believe it, their ISO list on PCSX2 is full of ISOs named in that strange format.

You have the help from someone who claims to have been in the scene, he's seen this stuff first hand. If you're not taking his information on board, and instead just saying how little experience he has in computers, then this situation is just going round in circles. His information could be useful in cracking down on piracy.

P.S: I'm not new to these forums like you assumed when I called someone out for downloading their BIOS.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
(01-04-2018, 01:45 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: Sorry that I have to join in.
"have to" ?? come on...Laugh
Quote:Look at the forum, at people's emulogs that you ask for. I've seen quite a few people 'name' their ISOs like that. It's difficult to have this conversation if you'd expect a large group of people to 'name' their ISOs in such an unorthodox way and not just the simple way - like just the game title, maybe...?
Those people do what they want with the naming of their isos.
Quote:Not to mention that some people literally open the ISO from their downloads folder as mentioned.
in that case, we do close the thread
Quote: What's suspicious is that the OP has the USA BIOS but the PAL version of the game... Why not just get the NTSC version?
because he could have bought the game in Europe, or on the web, while owning a USA console.
Quote:Furthermore, YouTube videos are a good source for this. The best example are people posting 'best PCSX2 settings' videos with a link to a ROM site in the description, and would you believe it, their ISO list on PCSX2 is full of ISOs named in that strange format.
We don't run youtube, thus it's none of our concerne as long as no one links to these videos here.
Quote:You have the help from someone who claims to have been in the scene, he's seen this stuff first hand. If you're not taking his information on board, and instead just saying how little experience he has in computers, then this situation is just going round in circles. His information could be useful in cracking down on piracy.
We don't need his help to "crack down piracy". we aren't the police. we just try to keep our forums clean from any legal problem.
Quote:P.S: I'm not new to these forums like you assumed when I called someone out for downloading their BIOS.
Since you didn't use the report button (just like most users do) i assumed you were (the above statements tend to prove you are, but whatever...).
But if you say so...
(01-04-2018, 12:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What I'm asking again : How can you prove from what the user posted that he/she's using a scene release ?

well not that it matters, but here is your "proof" - (of course I will not dare provide a link) 

[Image: zil4jxH.jpg]

It's more than obvious that these filenames are pirated isos but all mods on here seem to look the 
other way. My guess is that unless the user admits it or the word "download" appears, they have no legal responsibility to take action. If they did, there probably wouldn't be too many users on here. But it is amusing to see a mod not even acknowledge that "(Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl,Sv,Da) " is not a normal iso name that any disc is dumped to or anyone would re-name it to and it is well known to be a shady file name. But mstreurman is correct no matter how much people on here pretend otherwise. Good discussion though  Biggrin
and how is that a proof ?
do you have evidence the same user shared his file on the website you showed ?

Anyways, as i told the other guy above:
Quote:we aren't the police. we just try to keep our forums clean from any legal problem.
(01-04-2018, 02:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: "have to" ?? come on...Laugh
Those people do what they want with the naming of their isos.
in that case, we do close the thread
because he could have bought the game in Europe, or on the web, while owning a USA console.
We don't run youtube, thus it's none of our concerne as long as no one links to these videos here.
We don't need his help to "crack down piracy". we aren't the police. we just try to keep our forums clean from any legal problem.
Since you didn't use the report button (just like most users do) i assumed you were (the above statements tend to prove you are, but whatever...).
But if you say so...

Unfortunately you didn't see my sarcasm when I said I 'have to' join in. I don't have to do anything, I merely chose to.
NFS Underground 2 was released in all 3 regions. Are you suggesting the guy decided to buy the PAL version even though he has the USA BIOS? Why would he not buy the NTSC version?
I never said you run YouTube, I'm simply saying that these YouTube videos are very suspicious and supply some food for thought.
I never said you were the police either, I said 'cracking down on piracy' exclusively for this forum. But if you want to keep the forum clean from legal problems then you're not doing any favours for the forum or for yourself in not listening to the 3 people that are speaking up about it and giving some good points.
By the way, I used the report button for the OP's emulog reply which is where I saw his ISO name, so don't assume I didn't use it. If a 'new user' is someone who joined last July then you need to review what 'new' means.

One guy gave an example of a ROM site and here's another:

I struggle to believe how arrogant you, as a mod, are being about this situation. Screenshots of 2 ROM sites have been given, hosting the ISO with the same name as the OP's.
We shouldn't need to supply evidence that the OP downloaded his ISO from these specific websites. The fact that 2 ROM sites have this game, with the same ISO name on each site and with the same ISO name as the OP's, should be enough evidence. Case in point, threads are instantly closed when more than one BIOS region show up in a user's emulog. No evidence is needed for that, so why is it needed now?
Why would the OP rip the PAL version of the game for his USA BIOS and name the ISO with the same name as a scene release?
Come on man... Stop beating around the bush.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
alright.
i guess you're right, after all.
you can close the thread if you want.