Games are running slowly, even though they shouldn't.
Hey people,

This is my first thread here, but I'll try to be as detailed and specific as I can be.

Somewhere last week I discovered the PCSX2 Emulator and have been cocking about with it ever since. The first game I ran was Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja 5, which (in the simple battles) ran quite smoothly, but it had some moments of slow-motion in the story play.

After that I started trying other games, Final Fantasy X and God of War 1 + 2. In these games I noticed that they started to slow down when there was more to 'see' / render for the Emulator.

I've done a little digging and discovered that they should be running fine with my hardware (otherwise I wouldn't be posting this), but they quite simply aren't and I was hoping some sort of Magical Being (every forum has one) might be able to shed some light onto this.

My current PC specs are:
[Image: 24nqy6b.png]

My GPU would be:
[Image: 2vbaft1.png]

My PCSX2 plugins:
[Image: 2d9o606.png]

My GS settings:
[Image: 25z14c2.png]

The rest of the settings are, to my knowledge, default (I have been cocking about with speedhacks and other such settings, but after discovering that they didn't help, I put them back to the default settings).

I do hope that one of you is able to help me with this, for I've always liked the PS2 games, but never been able to play them due to not actually having a PS2.

If there is any other information that you would require, please ask and I will do my best to supply.

Kind regards.

Sponsored links

Quote:for I've always liked the PS2 games, but never been able to play them due to not actually having a PS2.

you need one to use this emu legally.
thread closed & warned for piracy.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can use the SSE4 version of GSdx for a tiny speedup.
Also make sure to keep the recommended speedhacks enabled.

The games you listed can be rather demanding, especially God of War.
Your CPU may not be clocked high enough for a constant 60fps.

Edit:
Whops, piracy alert! Tongue2
The games being provided by a friend still counts as piracy I suppose?

Edit: Never mind, I won't start my way into a forum by walking on/possibly crossing a very fine line. You have my thanks for taking the time to read it.