Games aren't working, unsure of what to do.
Hello there, first post here so please be kind.

I have Pcsx2 version 0.9.6. I tried the newer beta version, but even after trying multiple times the setup kept crashing on me whilst trying to install and configure it.

My fiance has been trying to get Fatal Frame 1, 2 and 3 to work on the program, but to no avail. We just don't know how to get it to work.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit on a laptop.
If you need any further information, just ask.

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

what's the error message ?
can you please post screenshots ?
what is the emulog.txt content ?

and finally, I think Fatal Frame Series work better with latest official beta ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
there arnt any error messages apart from CDvd cannot be found - or it can not open file. The best i can get is it loads up the beggining pS2 screen, where it shows two option - browser, System Configuration- this is after it tells me
"Failed loading Memorycard from: memcards\Mcd002.ps2"
However even with a Ps2 game (the official disc) placed in the cd drive and i have clicked run cd - it still wont load any further.
Where do you have PCSX2 installed? And what are the CPU and GPU of your laptop?
Sorry, me and my fiance have difficulty understanding what you mean by the CPU or GPU.

Information about my laptop:
Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P7450, Intel® GM45 Express chipset and Intel® WiFi Link 5100
clock speed : 2.13 GHz
front side bus : 1066 MHz
2nd level cache : 3 MB

Graphics adaptor manufacturer : Intel®
type : Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD
memory : up to 1,340 MB total available graphics memory with 4 GB system memory
memory type : shared

Pcsx2 is installed in the normal programs folder, I think the default option.

Hope this helps.
- don't install it in program files or my documents, install it in a directory like c:\pcsx2.
- When running pcsx2, do it using right click->run as administrator
then report back
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've moved the folder to C:\. I also right clicked and ran the program as an administrator.

Pcsx2 asked me to configure and the only things I did different from the default were choosing the SSE41 graphics option and the Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 option. It ran normally up until I selected file -> run CD/DVD where my Fatal Frame 1 iso is selected, and then it crashed saying that there was an error loading the iso and the CDVD plugin.
Update on the situation. I've finally after some tweaking and brain use managed to get through the setup of the PCSX2 ver. 0.9.7 and installed it. It seems all Fatal Frame games are compatible with this version, as well.

I've put the folder in c:\ like before.

I seem to be having troubles with the CDVD plugins however, I think. Here is a link to a screenshot of my error message(s): http://i53.tinypic.com/kei4n6.jpg

So did you make sure the file is not mounted in any device emulating software like daemon tools as the error message tells you?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have no emulating software running at the present moment, I opened Daemon Tools, it was mounted on there but closed, I unmounted it and now it's working.

It's shaky and ridiculously slow, so I'm going to try fiddling with programs etc to see if I can get it working faster. The voices are slow, so slow it's well... amusing in a sense.
Is there any advice you can give regarding this?

I'll keep this topic updated on my progress.