Games lags / goes slowy
Hey!

I have installed the PCSX2 emulator (0.9.6), and it seems very nice - So heads up for a good job.

But Iam having a problem playing my games. At startup everything seems fine, but then it start lagging more and more and the gameplay is extremly slowly, so it's really not playable. Some of the graphics in the games are also flickering. The FPS is around 25-30.

The sound is also lagging.

My system has the following specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GTS 250 @ driver. 182.50
2GB DDR2 ram.
Creative X-Fi audio card.

My plugins in PCSX2:

Graphics: GSdx 890 (SSE2)
First controller: SSSPSX Pad.
CDvdom: Linuz ISO CDDVD
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
BIOS: USA v01.60

The two games I have tested are:

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (NTSC).
Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC).

I have tried updating the DirectX to the newest version too.

I hope someone can help me out : )

Sponsored links

^
^
^
^
use the SSSE3 version of the GSdx your CPU supports that ins. set
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
It gives me the same result with SSSE3.

Also in game, around half of the screen are decorated with colored linies and the graphic just really not seems right.

I hope someone can help me find a solution Smile
Same problem here.

Got a AMD Athlon 7750-Dual Core 2.70 Ghz
GeForce 8400 GS
3GB DDR2 RAM
On-Board High Definition Sound.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Tested games: Final Fantasy XII, Mortal Kombat Armageddon (both NTSC)

For me the videos run great but as soon as the intro is over it starts lagging extreme with fps around 15-20.
@ Abraksas; @ LundeSDK

You should try with the latest beta its faster than 0.96
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Same errors on the newest beta version.
Yeah, tried the beta, same problem. Sad
GT4 game need cpu at 3.6 ghz atleast set 480p in game menu, second problem gpu 8400gs is main problem, so try to set native res at gsdx plugin, take the latest gsdx from gabest thread and play your game in directx.10 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
In general, 3d games require a 3ghz+ dual core. The C2D at 2.4ghz is just going to be slow in the emulator for most games.

Abraksas you're in almost the same situation... The Athlon line of processors are about 10-15% slower than C2D in PCSX2, which puts you at almost the same position.

In both of your cases you're trying to play games that have slowdowns even on 4ghz+ system (GT4 and MK:A)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Okay, thanks guys. Guess my CPU is ready for retirement, if I wanna play PS2 games via. the emulator. Will be interstering to see how much PS3 will require, lol.