Games running slow.
Hello. I'm new to using PCSX2 so I'm not sure how to fix this but every time I load a game it works at full speed until any menus start loading then it slows down to 50% speed. I'm not sure if it's just the games. For those wondering I've tried out WWE SvR 2006, SvR 2007, and Flushed Away. They all had the same issue.
I don't know if it has to do with the fact I put the games onto my external hard drive instead of my actual computer (where I put the actual program), that I don't have a very powerful program, that I usually three or four other programs opened at the same time, or that I don't have enough space to run it properly.
Also, quick side question: Am I able to use a PS1 controller with PCSX2? Because I'm trying to use it, but it only seems to work half the time. Not sure if that's due to the games running slowly or that PCSX2 doesn't work with PS1 controllers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Harry

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go