Games running slow
Have a question about what settings I need to use in order to have games run smoothly. I was playing Area 51 and when actual game play starts the game starts to lag. I will upload an image of my computer specs. If that helps but I’m stuck trying to figure out the correct settings to where the game will play without lag. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The clockspeed on the cpu is a bit low to get playable speed on most games.

Try the recommended speed hacks and use the D3D11 renderer (sometimes the OpenGL is much slower).

Also make sure the emulator is using your actual gpu and not the integrated one.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The clock speed doesn't really matter all that much but the STP does
You can have a 5GHz AMD with low STP and you will still not get good results
This is on a laptop with i7-6700HQ with limited cpu speed to 800-900MHZ(just for the test)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-17-2020, 07:48 PM)vsub Wrote: The clock speed doesn't really matter all that much but the STP does
This is on a laptop with i7-6700HQ with limited cpu speed to 800-900MHZ(just for the test)
So in other words I should purchase a faster processor am I correct?
Yes,the higher the stp the better(and they usually also come with nice cpu speed)
I cleared multiple PS3 games(rpcs3)and really nice(or full speed)with my 6700HQ limited to 2.5ghz(I don't like the heat and noise I get just for a few more frames)
6700HQ have 1800stp and your cpu have 1545

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
In your case "I should purchase a faster processor" would mean a new laptop with a faster processor
(02-17-2020, 08:32 PM)vsub Wrote: Yes,the higher the stp the better(and they usually also come with nice cpu speed)
I cleared multiple PS3 games(rpcs3)and really nice(or full speed)with my 6700HQ limited to 2.5ghz(I don't like the heat and noise I get just for a few more frames)
6700HQ have 1800stp and your cpu have 1545

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
In your case "I should purchase a faster processor" would mean a new laptop with a faster processor
If you don’t mind me asking did you pay a lot for you computer with those specs. Just a rough estimate
(02-17-2020, 07:48 PM)vsub Wrote: The clock speed doesn't really matter all that much but the STP does

I see, my apologies, I haven't been active here for a long time and I remember back when I was here often, everyone always carried on about clock speeds.

Interesting that it isn't that much of a deal now, the more you know and all that Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(02-17-2020, 08:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
I can’t find that file. I don’t get any error message or anything it’s just runs slow once the gameplay starts.
    I noticed after messing around with the settings the game doesn’t lag as much but still not up to full speed.