Games running slow and some graphic bugs
So first off I have look up several "tutorials" on configuring pcsx2 1.2.1. I've tried default settings, tweaked settings and to no avail.

First game I tried was Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses. This game seems to run up to speed but has some graphic glitches on game and iso. To anyone familiar with the game, if you hover over your leader, the AI's leader, a face up card, or the AI takes a turn and hovers over the listed above. The board goes blank. I have attached screen shots of the error.

The other issue with games running horribly. I tried Need For Speed Underground 2. I get a full 60fps until I get to where I can drive the car. Then graphics drop to under 30fps, the audio gets choppy and slowed, and the input/response is horrific. This is with ALL settings. I've adjusted the gpu plugin from "Default Hardware Device" to "NVidia GeForce TGX 660" and the renderer from "Direct3D9 (Hardware)" to "Direct3D11 (Hardware)". I've also changed the Audio settings Mixing Settings from "1 - Linear (simple/okay sound)" to all the other options. and Same with Module. I went through all the options. Nothing seems to change. I have a CPU/Ram usage display during all this, CPU uses no more than 22% and Ram uses no more than 37%.

I currently have all default settings so I won't bother taking screen shots of my settings. They are the exact settings from a fresh install of pcsx2 1.2.1

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4770k haswell
Mobo: MSI z87-G45 Gaming
NVidia GeForce GTX 660
G.Skill Model: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM (8gb DDR3 1600)

Help?!BlinkBlush

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

use SuperVU recompiler for preventing the error message and provide your EE and GS values during the slowdown part at NFS:UG2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-04-2015, 06:27 AM)ssakash Wrote: use SuperVU recompiler for preventing the error message and provide your EE and GS values during the slowdown part at NFS:UG2

Intro and Cutscene and Main menu - FPS: 59-60|| EE: 19%-28%|| GS 0%-3%
Career Menu/Quick Race Menu - FPS: 44-46|| EE: 59%-65%|| GS 89%-98%
Slow down - FPS: 31-34|| EE: 33%-40%|| GS 32%-60%

Also is that SuperVU recompiler just to turn off the error message? Or Is that to fix the graphic glitch? I don't full understand that part.
at the top window along with where the FPS is displayed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-04-2015, 06:34 AM)ssakash Wrote: at the top window along with where the FPS is displayed.

Intro and Cutscene and Main menu - FPS: 59-60|| EE: 19%-28%|| GS 0%-3%
Career Menu/Quick Race Menu - FPS: 44-46|| EE: 59%-65%|| GS 89%-98%
Slow down - FPS: 31-34|| EE: 33%-40%|| GS 32%-60%

Also is that SuperVU recompiler just to turn off the error message? Or Is that to fix the graphic glitch? I don't full understand that part.
IIRC, NFSU2 needs and HW hack.
try setting skipdraw to 1, 2 and then 3.

About Yu-Gi-Oh : press F9. no known fixes apart from this one ATM
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-04-2015, 06:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: IIRC, NFSU2 needs and HW hack.
try setting skipdraw to 1, 2 and then 3.

About Yu-Gi-Oh : press F9. no known fixes apart from this one ATM

Awesome the F9 does correct that graphic bug. What does F9 do exactly? And is there a way I can set whatever settings it changes to default?

Also what is IIRC and HW hack? And About the skipdraw, are you referring to "Frame Skipping" under the GS tab? If so Do I choose Disabled [default], "skip when on turbo only" or "constant skipping"? and changing the values from 1, 2, and 3 do I change both frames to draw AND frames to skip or just one, and if both, do I change them together (1,1 | 2,2 | 3,3) or seperately (1,1 | 1,2 | 1,3 | 2,1 | etc)?
(06-04-2015, 07:06 AM)burnm3w1thf1r3 Wrote: Awesome the F9 does correct that graphic bug. What does F9 do exactly? And is there a way I can set whatever settings it changes to default?
It switches to software mode.
There's a fix to switch automatically when an FMV satrts, but that won't solve your problem in this case. You'll just have to live with it, or keep playing on your PS2.
Quote:Also what is IIRC
"If I Recall Correctly" Tongue
Quote: and HW hack?
And About the skipdraw, are you referring to "Frame Skipping" under the GS tab? If so Do I choose Disabled [default], "skip when on turbo only" or "constant skipping"? and changing the values from 1, 2, and 3 do I change both frames to draw AND frames to skip or just one, and if both, do I change them together (1,1 | 2,2 | 3,3) or seperately (1,1 | 1,2 | 1,3 | 2,1 | etc)?
I cas actually refering to this :
[Image: 1433394507-pic.png]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-04-2015, 07:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: It switches to software mode.
There's a fix to switch automatically when an FMV satrts, but that won't solve your problem in this case. You'll just have to live with it, or keep playing on your PS2.
"If I Recall Correctly" Tongue
I cas actually refering to this :
[Image: 1433394507-pic.png]

OMG ILY!!

So 2 things. You said NFS:U2 requires the skipdraw. Why is that? Just kind of curious. And I doubt it but is there any way to make the image better? It looks like there is a lot of noise in the image. My screen size is the default 640x480. Is this just how it is? (which is fine, I'll deal) or is there a way to improve the image?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

to improve the graphical quality, uncheck native and set "(or) use scaling" to 3X native. ( load on GPU)
- Refraction