Games running slower on a better computer.
Ok, so I used to emulate games using this on my old computer, and I got some slowdown but most of the time it ran fine, now I'm on a computer that is better in every way than my old one, but the emulator runs slow as f**k, I don't understand why. If you have any idea why it's doing this, please tell me.

Sponsored links

Can you tell us your old computers specs and your new computers specs? It might shed some light on it
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-23-2018, 12:40 AM)refraction Wrote: Can you tell us your old computers specs and your new computers specs? It might shed some light on it
I didnt build either of them so i dont know, all i know is that my old bad computer ran emulators better than my newer good computer
Yeah, but it could be your old one had a decentish intel cpu and your new one has a slower amd cpu, even though its "newer", or it could be your old GPU was better than your new one, without knowing the specs it's going to be really difficult to help. Unfortunately "new computer" doesn't really help any lol

(01-23-2018, 01:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Yeah, but it could be your old one had a decentish intel cpu and your new one has a slower amd cpu, even though its "newer", or it could be your old GPU was better than your new one, without knowing the specs it's going to be really difficult to help.  Unfortunately "new computer" doesn't really help any lol
Im thinking the case is that my old pc had a good-ish cpu but a crap graphics card, so i thought the computer was crap, but the newer one has a "meh" cpu but a good graphics card, and i know the graphics card doesnt change much so im basically screwed when it comes to emulation, even though dolphin works fine but not this. Guess im sticking to gamecube LOL
That sounds like a very plausible scenario as emulators are very CPU heavy.

Sorry I couldn't help any more, have fun with Dolphin Smile

if your new computer is factory build you midst take a picture of the box or box has a white sticker containing the specs on it...
if that is a HP desktop your are in serious trouble that HP very notorious on pre-installed junked software and it will not last long.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-23-2018, 02:13 AM)smartstrike Wrote: if your new computer is factory build you midst take a picture of the box or box has a white sticker containing the specs on it.
Or just boot PCSX2. Most of the specs will be in the log. Wink
or
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

is really simple to use and will tell you all the specs that are relevant except GPU.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
Will tell you the exact graphics card you have even if it is one of those confusing ones that have 10 different versions built on different architectures.

These are 2 very useful and helpful programs to put somewhere safe (or just remember what they are to download them. Any time you need technical support dealing with hardware.
Probably the old PC CPU have better single threaded performance than the new one