Games running unbearably slow. No other alternative seen.
I can barely get Lego Star Wars II to run. Everything seems like slow motion, except the clock in the background.

Destroy all Humans 2 gets to the create a save screen and lags my machine to hell, it makes no sense.

Here are my Specs.

In Short, before the long mess.

Video Card:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850
Cpu: Intel Core i7 @ 1.73ghz
Ram: 6gb

Long mess below:

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 1729 Mhz
8 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows Vista (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

DirectX Driver Name: atiumdag.dll
Driver Version: 8.683.2.0
DirectX Driver Version: 8.14.10.716
Driver Date: 17 Dec 2009
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x68a1
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1600 x 900
Desktop Resolution: 1600 x 900
Primary Display Size: 22.20" x 12.52" (25.47" diag)
56.4cm x 31.8cm (64.7cm diag)
Primary Bus Type Not Detected
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High

Memory:
RAM: 6132 Mb

If any more info is needed, let me know.

Sponsored links

Edit: i assumed the slow speed was associated with having the emulator read the games from the disc. I ripped Destroy All Humans to an .Iso and everything ran smoothly, right up until the select a save slot. It then lagged EVERYTHING, making the emulator unusable until i shutdown the game (which took forever because the pcsx2 window kept not responding)

Enabled Speedhacks when running the lego starwars 2 iso, and it seems to run fine. With the exception of what looks to be some shader problems (darker, yet still transparent box covering half of the screen. If you can help me with this, its greatly appreciated)

Still having problems with Destroy all Humans 2 however.
Although that is a very good laptop, the CPU is the main problem with a base clock too low. You should make sure no power saving configuration is active while running a game in the emulator. Set up it to performance under "Power Options" at Windows Control Panel.

Now, it's not the emulator that dictates the machine demand, the games themselves do. One game may run smooth while another might lag insufferably even in more powerful desktops.

There is a know issue related with the turbo boost + power savings features which are triggered by PCSX2 using one core for EE and another for GS, where one being toppled while the other is near 0 load is seen as average low load and so, no turbo if not the base clock is yet lower to spare battery.

Try the less demanding games first to see if the laptop will be up to the task before attempting games which may run but only after heavy tweaking.

PS: ATTENTION, if set to Performance while playing a game, don't forget to remember to reactivate the original power saving plan afterward, it is very important to the laptop normal usage and battery duration. Keep an eye on the temperature, games in general are demanding and good air flow is a must.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-05-2011, 03:18 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Although that is a very good laptop, the CPU is the main problem with a base clock too low. You should make sure no power saving configuration is active while running a game in the emulator. Set up it to performance under "Power Options" at Windows Control Panel.

Now, it's not the emulator that dictates the machine demand, the games themselves do. One game may run smooth while another might lag insufferably even in more powerful desktops.

There is a know issue related with the turbo boost + power savings features which are triggered by PCSX2 using one core for EE and another for GS, where one being toppled while the other is near 0 load is seen as average low load and so, no turbo if not the base clock is yet lower to spare battery.

Try the less demanding games first to see if the laptop will be up to the task before attempting games which may run but only after heavy tweaking.

PS: ATTENTION, if set to Performance while playing a game, don't forget to remember to reactivate the original power saving plan afterward, it is very important to the laptop normal usage and battery duration. Keep an eye on the temperature, games in general are demanding and good air flow is a must.

Lego Star wars II is running perfectly, with only some frame rate issues dropping to around 43 fps, otherwise it stays around 60.

All power saving features are off, plugged in.. I have this weird feeling it has to do with some odd glitch just in Destroy all Humans 2.

managed to get past the initial New save screen. Game loaded fine. Bu theres some...Issues. May be shader issues. Ill try to post a picture if I can. Game only has any issues other than that if I pause. Then it give me erroneous reading (while Paused) of FPS of 313
If it's a graphics issue, you can try using software mode (f9). At the very least, it would rule out a shader problem Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]