Games stuttering with FPS drop
I'm experiencing sudden fps drops with every game that I play. When the stuttering isn't there I get perfect play between 59-60fps. The stuttering occurs every 1-3 minutes. Suddenly the game will lag and the fps will drop for 1-2 seconds then I will be back to smooth gameplay.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with my hard drive. Sometimes, the stuttering is in-sync with the noise of my hard drive when it winds up.

I have tried disabling 3D settings in my NVIDIA control panel. I have tried putting the performance plan to high performance. Nothing has seemed to help.

Here are the specs I have:

Asus G751JL
Intel® Core™ i7 4720HQ 2.6 GHz ~ 3.6 GHz Processor
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5

Has anyone come across this problem before by chance and fixed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

Have you tried enabling VSync?
(05-21-2015, 05:48 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: Have you tried enabling VSync?

Yeah, unfortunately that didn't help at all.
did you set your power plan to performance mode ?
is you laptop plugged in or running on batteries ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
could you provide the EE and GS values during the proclaimed lag and stuttering ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-21-2015, 06:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: did you set your power plan to performance mode ?
is you laptop plugged in or running on batteries ?

Yes my power plan is set on performance and it is plugged into the wall.

(05-21-2015, 06:56 AM)ssakash Wrote: could you provide the EE and GS values during the proclaimed lag and stuttering ?

During smooth gameplay EE and GS seem to run around 28-40%. During the fps drop and stuttering it seems to drop around 10-13%
overheating of Cpu?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(05-21-2015, 07:20 AM)bluejoc Wrote: During smooth gameplay EE and GS seem to run around 28-40%. During the fps drop and stuttering it seems to drop around 10-13%

Enable MTVU hack and also other recommended speedhacks and try the game. if that doesn't work then, use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3 and try out.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-21-2015, 07:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: Enable MTVU hack and also other recommended speedhacks and try the game. if that doesn't work then, use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3 and try out.

EE and GS value is drop down while Frame rate drop , this is pretty much indicates that some thing is wrong on CPU side maybe overheating or power plan is not set to higher performance or their is dust on the fan which lead them to overheat . the solution you mentioned is better when system can't able to pump up more FPS while still utilizing their processor at full extent.

edit- just see this is an laptop , hmm BuT still I thing , this can also be overheat.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
cool, wait for the OP to respond. Tongue2
- Refraction