Games stuttering with FPS drop
(05-21-2015, 07:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: Enable MTVU hack and also other recommended speedhacks and try the game. if that doesn't work then, use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3 and try out.

I enabled MTVU that didn't work. I tried switching to software mode, setting extra rendering threads to 3 and that didn't help it either unfortunately.

Sponsored links

did you check your windows power plan was set to high/maximum performance in windows? also download coretemp and check your cpu temperatures, if your cpu is overheating it will be throttling itself.

Of course you probably already do this, but make sure you are gaming on a hard surface like a book, wood, marble or glass and not on something like a duvet or pillow or just on your legs as this will cause temperatures to rise further than needed
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-21-2015, 08:39 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: EE and GS value is drop down while Frame rate drop , this is pretty much indicates that some thing is wrong on CPU side maybe overheating or power plan is not set to higher performance or their is dust on the fan which lead them to overheat . the solution you mentioned is better when system can't able to pump up more FPS while still utilizing their processor at full extent.

edit- just see this is an laptop , hmm BuT still I thing , this can also be overheat.

I don't think it's overheating. I've played the witcher 2 on steam for hours with no issues and that's a very demanding game. I understand that emulators run differently though so I'm not sure. I've read if you run the ISO from an external hard drive or a USB that could help, so I may give that a try. And to clarify I have been playing on high performance.

I appreciate your help, again the games are very playable, I just would like to get rid of this stuttering. I will try and post a video of it so you guys can see it.
Could you specify which games?

Yes, running from an ISO (in general) will help a lot. If you're using a disc, that could very well be the source of your issue. (Though it sounds like you already use ISO's)

You can always try seeing if your HDD is fragmented to high hell? Use a program called MyDefrag to defrag your hard drive, it could help.
(05-21-2015, 03:21 PM)bluejoc Wrote: I don't think it's overheating. I've played the witcher 2 on steam for hours with no issues and that's a very demanding game. I understand that emulators run differently though so I'm not sure. I've read if you run the ISO from an external hard drive or a USB that could help, so I may give that a try. And to clarify I have been playing on high performance.

I appreciate your help, again the games are very playable, I just would like to get rid of this stuttering. I will try and post a video of it so you guys can see it.

I will recommend to start with default settings and native resolution, if its still doesn't work then you will try speedhacks .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(05-21-2015, 03:21 PM)bluejoc Wrote: I don't think it's overheating. I've played the witcher 2 on steam for hours with no issues and that's a very demanding game. I understand that emulators run differently though so I'm not sure. I've read if you run the ISO from an external hard drive or a USB that could help, so I may give that a try. And to clarify I have been playing on high performance.

Please provide the content of your GSdx.ini file. you can find it in the inis folder on the PCSX2 directory.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-21-2015, 06:42 AM)bluejoc Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately that didn't help at all.

Did you select the VSync option on the GS Window page?
(05-21-2015, 04:21 PM)ssakash Wrote: Please provide the content of your GSdx.ini file. you can find it in the inis folder on the PCSX2 directory.

Is this what you're looking for?

[Settings]
Adapter=default
Renderer=0
Interlace=7
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=1
filter=2
paltex=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=1
resx=1024
resy=1024
extrathreads=0
AnisotropicFiltering=0
ShadeBoost=0
Fxaa=0
shaderfx=0
UserHacks=0

(05-21-2015, 09:02 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Did you select the VSync option on the GS Window page?

Yes I did, the stuttering still occurred with that checked.
(05-21-2015, 03:41 PM)Arcadius Wrote: Could you specify which games?

Yes, running from an ISO (in general) will help a lot. If you're using a disc, that could very well be the source of your issue. (Though it sounds like you already use ISO's)

You can always try seeing if your HDD is fragmented to high hell? Use a program called MyDefrag to defrag your hard drive, it could help.

Yes I am running it from an ISO. I just don't understand why it only is happening in pcsx2. I also have the dolphin emulator and it doesn't do it with that, if it does it's barely noticeable and only happens rarely. With pcsx2 it's consistently happening.
(05-22-2015, 04:51 AM)bluejoc Wrote: Yes I am running it from an ISO. I just don't understand why it only is happening in pcsx2. I also have the dolphin emulator and it doesn't do it with that, if it does it's barely noticeable and only happens rarely. With pcsx2 it's consistently happening.

PCSX2 Is more demanding so does need more raw power than dolphin emu .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1