Games that get major boost with VU Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero
It would be really nice to have a list of games that get major boost with VU Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero.
Here my part:
Tales of the Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES
Dynasty Warriors 5 - someone posted ( will test it )
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5

Sponsored links

I think most of games get significant boost with these two options on.
The problem is that not all games are compatible with these options,
I'm thinking especially of Tekken 5.
The game "Crash Bandicoot: The wrath of cortex" can't reach full speed on my rig without these two options on.
games that get a big speedboost are games that use VUs alot; FtZ and DaZ simplify floating point calculations, so the CPU doesn't have to do as much work.
The speedgain you get also depends on your CPU Intel/AMD.

For example, I've heard people say DaZ would double fps in some parts of Persona 3 (using intel CPUs), but on my AMD the difference wasn't even close to doubling fps.
My experience is that in Tales of the Abyss in the big market where i would get 19-20fps i now get 46fps min, Persona 3 FES where i get 20fps i now get at least 55fps there is one boss the guardian of the 1ºblock level 14 i get 20-30fps so it was slow but all others counting the boss in the train are all in high speed the only problem in the floor glitches still can play comparing with the Dx10 software that have no glitches but speed goes between 20-55fps if it was between 35-55fps i would probably go with software.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
@cottonvibes
Quote:The speedgain you get also depends on your CPU Intel/AMD.
For example, I've heard people say DaZ would double fps in some parts of Persona 3 (using intel CPUs), but on my AMD the difference wasn't even close to doubling fps.
yep, I was quite disappointed with the performance I got with my AMD Turion X2 (laptop) , despites having DAZ & FTZ enabled.
I mean , I was expecting a significant speed boost ...
Suikoden 3 -> increase of 10fps
Dynasty Warriors 5 -> increase but Denormals are Zero makes things disapear and make graphic worse, Flush to Zero doesn't seem to make much diference, don't disable FPU Overflow checks if you don't want critical error something like tried to get data from memory but didn't find it.