Games which work with VM but not with VTLB???
Hi Folks, sorry for the late reply.
Anyhow, kabooz: I think what you mean are patches, unfortunately there are none for Grandia III and I don't know how to write my own. If you mean some other place in PCSX config, then please be more specific because I couldn't find any such option in the vanila version of 0.9.4
LuisR14, Saiki: I was a bit sceptic about the idea with the restart but it actually worked. I just booted my PC and ran the VM version as Administrator without any problems. Sadly this didn't fix the issue with PCSX hanging on the movie when Yuki leaves the village with his plane for the first time. Changing the DVD plugin doesn't have any influence, it crashes at the exact same time.

Edit: Just saw the patch guide by Krakatos, I'll try that out. Also I've tried to run the PG VM version, but it crashes just after I start it or if it lasts longer then after I try to run the CD/DVD.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 3.6GHz | Mainboard: ASUS P5K-E Wi-Fi | RAM: Geil DDR2 Ultra 4 800MHz @ 900MHz 2x1GB |
GFX: GeForce 8800GT | SFX: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit

Sponsored links

nope grandia III has a video skip feature ingame ....
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Uh, indeed. Thanks! That got me through that faulty FMV. That's a workaround however, it still needs a fix, since it's been reproduced by so many of us.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 3.6GHz | Mainboard: ASUS P5K-E Wi-Fi | RAM: Geil DDR2 Ultra 4 800MHz @ 900MHz 2x1GB |
GFX: GeForce 8800GT | SFX: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit
the game has the fix itself, not eveything's gonna be perfect
Saiki: Could you please be more specific? Do you mean the game developers knew that the FMV in Grandia III are going to crash the emulator and they built in the "skip FMV" option? That's still not a fix...
(02-24-2009, 07:02 PM)3man Wrote: Saiki: Could you please be more specific?

What I mean is: It's not a high-priority thing, since the game itself allows you to skip the vids, if iit crashed the emu, just skip them. there's gotta be a ps2 movie viewer out there somewhere. (I had one, but I can't remeber what it was)
to those of you who compile your own revs please test the games in the list again and report if a game is playable again
as of r601 some of these games could be fixed
Chicken is not Vegan?

update crash twinsanity goes ingame
Chicken is not Vegan?