Gauntlet: Dark Legacy lag
I can run Okami, Kingdom Hearts, Samurai Warriors, and many other games perfect 60FPS and all on fullscreen but when it comes to Gauntlet i can't hit anything higher than 18fps, not even on fullscreen.

Please somebody help me on what is going on and stuff. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7570
Hard Disk: 1 TB
Ram: 8Gb
Operating System: Windows 7

I am currently using PCSX2 1.1.0.5435 and my bios is USA version 2.30 (02/20/2008)

I keep all of the defaullt setting and the only thing i change is the Aspect Ration in Emulation Settings and my GS plugin so my computer can handle all of my games. I only use ISO's as well.

Currently, these games work no problem for me: Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Phantasy Star Universe, Okami, Yugioh: The Duelists of the Roses, Samurai Warriors, and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

SSX3 lags very minimally at some parts and The Sims Bustin' Out lags a bit as well.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy (especially by its graphics compared to some others like DBZ) should work with no problem. It always lags no matter what combination i try with the Speed Hacks.

Sorry i didn't put all of the info earlier thought it could be a quick fix. By the way, i play my games full screen since I've noticed that having full screen bring FPS down quite a bit.
run Gauntlet: dark legacy with software mode and 4 threads
(11-26-2012, 12:04 PM)Saiki Wrote: run Gauntlet: dark legacy with software mode and 4 threads

Not sure what that means but i saw the Software Options area in the Plugins section so i just put that number to 4 and checked Edge anti-aliasing.

Those two options actually just brought the fps down another 10. Now it ranges from 9-11.

So that did not fix the fps issue. Is it possible that for some dumb reasons my GPU can't run the game, but can run the others? Or is the game just really that much of a memory hog or something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

did you hit f9 when in-game to swap to software mode?

also, why DX9? doesn't your card support DX10/11?
Some games just have major issues while running in hardware mode and software mode is the only way to play those games. And yeah that GPU can handle Directx 11 no problem so try setting where it says "Renderer: Direct3D9(Hardware)" to "Direct3D11(Software)" For this game and "Direct3D11(Hardware)" For the others. DIrectx 11 would run perfectly fine for your system and is the recommended setting.
(11-27-2012, 03:46 AM)Topken Wrote: Some games just have major issues while running in hardware mode and software mode is the only way to play those games. And yeah that GPU can handle Directx 11 no problem so try setting where it says "Renderer: Direct3D9(Hardware)" to "Direct3D11(Software)" For this game and "Direct3D11(Hardware)" For the others. DIrectx 11 would run perfectly fine for your system and is the recommended setting.

I thought the same exact thing about my gpu but it doesn't seem to agree with me, or maybe it is my pcsx2 settings or something i don't know but anything lower thatn 59fps makes my game laggy which seems very dumb to me. And software mode did fix my problem as well.

Thank you all for the help. I appreciate the great community.

(11-26-2012, 09:32 PM)Saiki Wrote: did you hit f9 when in-game to swap to software mode?

also, why DX9? doesn't your card support DX10/11?

It does support 11 but the problem is the game lags quite a bit. And i did not know about the F9 option. Imma have to try that one day.