General Bad performance on laptop
I've been using pcsx2 for quite some time now on a desktop without problems. However when it comes to laptop I seem to always get subpar performances. I've used it with two different machines: an acer predator and a Lenovo Ideapad 530s (which I'm currently using).

The system specs are:
GPU: Geforce MX150
CPU: Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
RAM: 16GB
PCSX2 Version: Lastest 1.4 and 1.5dev

I use mostly recomended configurations, with default internal resolution and 16x Anisotropic filtering. Switching between dx11 or opengl doesn't change much. GS% never gets maxed, in fact, rarely passes 50%, although switching from 2x resolution to default impacts performance, even if the GPU isn't maxed in either case.

Is there any thing that I'm missing that could be impacting my performance?

Feel free to ask for any more info I can provide, and thanks in advance

Sponsored links

what do ee% say ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-25-2020, 10:37 AM)NUGA Wrote: I've been using pcsx2 for quite some time now on a desktop without problems. However when it comes to laptop I seem to always get subpar performances. I've used it with two different machines: an acer predator and a Lenovo Ideapad 530s (which I'm currently using).

The system specs are:
GPU: Geforce MX150
CPU: Intel i7-8550U @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
RAM: 16GB
PCSX2 Version: Lastest 1.4 and 1.5dev

I use mostly recomended configurations, with default internal resolution and 16x Anisotropic filtering. Switching between dx11 or opengl doesn't change much. GS% never gets maxed, in fact, rarely passes 50%, although switching from 2x resolution to default impacts performance, even if the GPU isn't maxed in either case.

Is there any thing that I'm missing that could be impacting my performance?

Feel free to ask for any more info I can provide, and thanks in advance
Intel i7-8550U

The 'U' in the CPU's name means ultra low power. it's basically a sub-laptop processor.. 
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...Hz&id=3064
it seems to have an STR of 2125 which should be sufficient... but being a 'U' series laptop it probably clocks down heavily when it starts to get hot.
That mx150 might actually perform worse than the Integrated gpu. What temps are you seeing during slowdowns? I was able to play some things on a 7200u..

What games are you attempting to play?

16x aa! Drop that down to none and see if that's not killing your performance.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case