General Plot's son (and refraction's nephew) born today.
I know this has nothing to do directly with PCSX2, but I thought this occasion deserved an announcement here, as without PCSX2, this never could have been possible. I met refraction's sister nearly five years ago after knowing him for a few years. And as everyone knows, I'm married to his sister. Today his sister and I celebrated the birth of our son. A child made possible (as odd as it may seem) only by this project.

Many people look at the emulator as strictly software, and the human side of it tends to be forgotten, but this is one of those cases where it's all about the human side of it. An epic emulator that brings about the possibility of an epic life event. It's not big, but this project has rewritten the history of our lives and bring a new life into it.

As much as I love this project (always have), no amount of speed increases or bug fixes can compare to the excitement that comes with seeing my son born today. I'm sure to most people, this isn't important to them, but I wanted to share it with anyone who might be interested. Just consider this as a reminder of the human side of it. Wink

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40022]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2

Sponsored links

Congrats to both of you Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Congratulations, Plot Tongue2
Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, are the CMS settings still the same that all posts in news go to front page automatically or does that need to be done manually now?

Nope you need to do it from the joomla backend. Do you want me to post it for you? I think we could post it in the dev blogs since it's not actual PCSX2 news but if you want frontpage I can do that too Smile
Sure. I don't have joomla admin access myself, so I'd appreciate it. And yeah, dev blog is probably more suitable. Thanks bosit. Smile

No problem man. Do drop by more often! Also if you want joomla admin access PM me and I'll make you an account. Have fun with the new kid Tongue
Edit: posted
Hey, cute kid. Good job on that. Wink
Bositman Wrote:No problem man. Do drop by more often! Also if you want joomla admin access PM me and I'll make you an account. Have fun with the new kid Tongue
Edit: posted
I will. Life's just been crazy with work and the whole pregnancy thing. I've been meaning to visit more and get more active in testing again. Once things slow down a little, expect to see more of me.Tongue

(09-04-2012, 12:16 AM)generalplot Wrote: Life's just been crazy with work and the whole pregnancy thing. I've been meaning to visit more and get more active in testing again. Once things slow down a little, expect to see more of me.Tongue

Mine was born 2 months ago...
You'll see life becoming crazier in the next days Wink
Congrats, by the way Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go