General settings?
Is it possible to setup PCSX 2 to run all games or do you need to alter the settings for each game?

I have FF 10 and 11 running perfectly but I'm haing issues with Timesplitters 2, when I correct them my other games suffer.

I've manged to get a nice default setting for my SNES and PSone emulators but I'm struggling with this.

Sponsored links

There are no perfect settings.
The default settings will work fine on most of the games but there are games that need special settings
The default settings works well with most games. There're few games which need special tweak to run. Conversely, speedhacks do not work well with all games. Some game is speed up by a particular speedhack, while some do not, some get bugged... etc.

There is a third-party program that allows you to create your own settings profile for each game... I just cannot recall its name at the moment because I don't use it and I don't care 'bout it. I do not have the habit of switching game frequently. But I know some people here use it, so wait for their answer.

Oh, I'm glad to hear Final Fantasy XI working.
Maybe this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-...-for-PCSX2
Could you post some decent settings for Resident Evil 4 as thats the only game I'm having trouble with. Pretty much all my other games work well no matter what but RE4 is a real pain.

The problem I having is that the menu screens and everything in the start up look great but when you get into the actual game everything appart from Leon is REALLY blurry. I figured if I can get the settings right for that then everything else will be fine.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00ghz
4.00gb RAM
ATI Radion HD 4800 Series
Vista 64

I'm currently using PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m. I wont bother posting my settings as I'm just using the defaults right now.

The games I currently have are Timesplitters 2, MGS 2, Resident Evil 4, FF10 and 12

I'm playing all games from ISO
i suggest you get a supported version.
yours is soooo old.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
lol I've only just realised there is a new version.

Any settings I can try once I've downloaded it?
Your computer is able to run RE4 with default settings. I do not understand what you mean by "blurry". You're using native resolution? By the way, enabling progressive scan mode makes the image a bit sharper.