Genji PAL trouble
First of all, sorry for always creating threads like this, being the PC lover I am I just can't help but try to play my PS2 games with PCSX2. Laugh

So I have the PAL version of Genji and although it's not on the compatibility list, it runs great, but there's an annoying graphic glitch that takes up quarter of the screen and I can't really ignore.

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8. with default plugins and speedhacks, I've tried alpha hack and several versions of GSdx, but none helped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Smile
AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS EAH5770 CUcore (ATI Radeon 5700 HD series, 1 GB), Windows 7 x64.

Sponsored links

Try with the latest SVN build, see if you do any better:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-19-2011, 08:01 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try with the latest SVN build, see if you do any better:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Thanks for the tip, I tried it with r4815, but unfortunately there's no difference. Looks like I'll have to wait or get my hands on an NTSC version of the game.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS EAH5770 CUcore (ATI Radeon 5700 HD series, 1 GB), Windows 7 x64.
Hmm, not sure if that could help in here, but something similar just with non-transparent texture, was happening in few places in Xenosaga, decreasing or increasing(forgot which) clamping mode was fixing it. You could also try skipdraw hack.

Edit: or just do below
Shadow Lady interested in a problem? *5 minutes later* What problem? ;O
(07-19-2011, 12:08 PM)siklara Wrote: I tried it with r4815, but unfortunately there's no difference.

Ok, then I could use a GSdump to apply the hackfix for the PAL version too.
Just press Shift+F8 in a place where you can clearly see the problem, preferably in software mode, then you should get 3 files named the same with .bmp .gs and .obj extensions in the the snaps folder so just compress them with winrar or 7z and upload them somewhere.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-19-2011, 01:31 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Ok, then I could use a GSdump to apply the hackfix for the PAL version too.
Just press Shift+F8 in a place where you can clearly see the problem, preferably in software mode, then you should get 3 files named the same with .bmp .gs and .obj extensions in the the snaps folder so just compress them with winrar or 7z and upload them somewhere.
Done, you can download it from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8AZIV4W

I included both a hardware and a software mode dump just in case because the problem is not visible in software mode (the resolution and aspect ratio of the screenshots is somewhat weird, but it's always like that for me when I use the inbuilt screencap function). Thank you very much for looking into this!

Btw, I'm such an idiot... I switched to NTSC mode at the start screen and it solves this problem, but a new one comes up: vertical lines all over the place. They're only visible when there's movement on the screen (fights, character running etc.) and not visible at all on the screenshots so I can't show it.

EDIT: okay, vertical lines fixed too, I just had to press F5 a few times to change the interlacing to bob tff. Laugh