Getting Low FPs on Good PC
It must be when you maximize the window only. If I just resize it, those slowdowns don't happen.

Sponsored links

(03-16-2009, 05:55 PM)refraction Wrote: try making gsdx full screen, if i recall there is an issue with ati cards causing it to run slowly if in windowed mode. hopefully that should be a lot faster.

that would only count for DX9 right?

also with an I7 he can use more threads in sw more like 5 or 6
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
okay ... with this config, i got 38 - 42 fps on Saint Seiya Hades.

[Image: asddsa.jpg]
[Image: asdds2.jpg]
[Image: asdds3.jpg]

Ill try Full Screen now .. and see how it works ...

I tryed the old g plugin u gave me but it just slows down .. with this config i get best perfomane than anyother i tryed ... still i think it should be better with this pc ..

And what about my ati ... i think it is a pretty good Card ... Its DDR3 a lot better than 8600gt 512mb DDR3 or 8800 ...
I'm not sure why people keep pointing towards the 4850, that's close to a top of the line card. There are only 3 faster single slot cards, and unless things have changed teh cpu is the most important piece anyway.
One more thing ... i tryied Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and after the opening videos the emulator crashes ... any idea why ???
(03-17-2009, 12:07 AM)gouken Wrote: One more thing ... i tryied Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and after the opening videos the emulator crashes ... any idea why ???

Holy smokes man!
Try disabling AA settings!
That should bump you up at least 10fps.

For some reason AA has a tremendous impact on the ZeroGS plugin.
Even more with a mid-range gpu like the 4850.
I dont know why someone always blame aticard without he have any that card, only blame if he thinks this is the right time to blame.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
The only problem with HD4800 series and gsdx performance I've seen is when vista's aero is on. On SO3 for me, it is the difference between 30% GPU usage at 60fps and 99% GPU usage at 40fps in the same scene

Otherwise I can generally run all my games at 1920x1200 internal resolution without dropping below 60fps most of the time (E8400 @ 4.2ghz)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones
Yeah, but unless ZeroGS makes the CPU handle the AA chores (very unlikely), I still think that enabling AA is causing the Ati 4850 to give sub-par results.

Try disabling AA and upping the resolution a bit.
I am facing a strange problem and can well use the experts advice
I used to play FF12 on my PC (So I know it works normally)
Because of some reason I had to reinstall the OS
Now when I play again I am getting incredibly slow fps (not more that 12)

PC Specs:
Windows Xp Sp3
Asus Maximus Xtreme motherboard
Intel Q 6600 Processor
4 Gb RAM
ATI 4860 512 Mb