Getting Nba street Vol 2 running at 60 FPS
Not a patch just some settings 

GAME = NBA Street  Vol 2  (US)

PCSX Version used = 1.6.0

BOIS = v2.30 USA

System Configuration

CPU = R9 3900x 

GPU = 2080 Super (NO Over clocking settings normal bios)

WINDOWS VERSION = Latest As of  6/12/21

NVIDIA GAME READY DRIVER = 466.77

Monitor = Cheap Dell 4k monitor

EMULATION SETTINGS 

disable speed hack preset in emulation settings (box in the bottom left of the emulation settings box)

go to speedhacks tab disable MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1)

slide both  EE Cycle Skipping and Cycle Rate  all the way to the left As in o and -3

Video Settings GS Plugin Setting

Renderer = Direct 3D 11 HW

Interlacing = Auto

Texture Filtering - Bilinear PS2

Allow 8-bit textures = ON

large frame buffer = ON

internal resolution = 5x Natives And low do not go over otherwise it will slow down to 10-25 Frames per second (depends on your pc configuration)

Mipmapping = Full

CRC Hack Level = Auto

Date Accuracy = Fast

Blending Accuracy = Basic

Enable HW Hacks = ON (advance settings and hacks Preload Frame data

Shader Configuration = Texture Filtering of display and FXAA Shader = ON

and that should do it ,hopefully this helps anyone who has been trying to play this game and 60 fps

Just a little video showing the game running around 60fps with some random blips to 30-40

Sponsored links

That video is recorded with your settings? Is choppy , and have ton of slowdowns, probably due to messing with cyclerate. Even if it shows framerate 60, is barely 15 fps at all.

Also game don't need HW mipmapping emulation afaik, and large frame buffer can potentially slowdown games. So it should be used only if game need it. DX 11 instead of OGL in fact can be much faster in this title, but can cause some visuals issues.
You will probably get better result running this game on latest devbuild. NBA Street 2 is on list of games that now work with MTVU, so that should give you nice boost. To be honest is weird that you need to change any settings at all with that PC..

About cycle skipping, and cycle rate. I suggest to not go above 1 in cyclestealing, and maybe -1 for EE cyclerate. More agressive settings there will have negative impact on internal framerate.
(06-12-2021, 11:37 AM)kozarovv Wrote: That video is recorded with your settings? Is choppy , and have ton of slowdowns, probably due to messing with cyclerate. Even if it shows framerate 60, is barely 15 fps at all.

Also game don't need HW mipmapping emulation afaik, and large frame buffer can potentially slowdown games. So it should be used only if game need it. DX 11 instead of OGL in fact can be much faster in this title, but can cause some visuals issues.
You will probably get better result running this game on latest devbuild. NBA Street 2 is on list of games that now work with MTVU, so that should give you nice boost. To be honest is weird that you need to change any settings at all with that PC..

About cycle skipping, and cycle rate. I suggest to not go above 1 in cyclestealing, and maybe -1 for EE cyclerate. More agressive settings there will have negative impact on internal framerate.

You exactly right . It was working better before I made this video. I should be showing how the game is running with the settings on safe compare to what I'm saying is good I just swap my motherboard so now computer having some hick ups with driver issues so I can't even do that at this  time but i should be getting my new ssd within the next few days then i will see if i can get the game running more smoother