Getting Wizardry: ToftFL to work
Hello,
I've been trying to get Wizardry ToftFL to work on PCSX2 for some time now. I've been unsuccessful despite numerous attempts with various versions of PCSX2 / configurations.

A summary of information I've found:
1) The game is marked as "playable" on the compatibility list.
2) On various forums, people have been able to successfully configure PCSX2 to play Wizardry.
It appears that some people were able to with PCSX2 0.9.7. Others have succeeded with the current version of 0.9.8 r4600.
It seems that build r2954 was the first build that had Wizardry as a bug free playable game.
3) I've read all of the stickies and configuration guides posted, nothing has worked so far. As stated in said stickies / configs, often times updating to a newer version of PCSX2 solves some problems while breaking others. As some users have stated being able to play it with older versions of PCSX2, I suspect this may be the case for Wizardry.
4) I did a search in the bug report forum and found nothing.

Does anyone have specific suggestions for trying to get this game to work? Does a certain config help? A certain version of PCSX2? Does anyone know where to download build r2954? Does the PAL version work?

Thank you for your help. I apologize if this post is in the wrong place / has been resolved elsewhere. I did a forum search and google search and couldn't find an answer.

Wizardry (NTSC)
Build 0.9.8r4600
GSdX 4600 0.1.16 (blend tff activated)
LilyPad svn
SPU2-X 4600m 1.4.0

Win 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5 750 2.66G R
8 GB Ram
VGA SAPPHIRE 100283-2L HD5770 1G RT
Game just shows a white block after the Sony Entertainment Presents version.

Sponsored links

The game works just fine here.
The problems would only appear later in the game btw, so I suppose you have a configuration problem.
(01-26-2012, 07:43 PM)rama Wrote: The game works just fine here.
The problems would only appear later in the game btw, so I suppose you have a configuration problem.

Thanks for your quick response.
I came to the same conclusion, so the main point of the post was not to report that the game was not working, but rather as a hope to elucidate what configurations allow the game to function properly.
Any errors in the console log? Are you using default settings of 0.9.8? Also get SPU2-X v2 and use that instead: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-26-2012, 07:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Any errors in the console log? Are you using default settings of 0.9.8? Also get SPU2-X v2 and use that instead: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn

I have tried using SPU2 v2. Still get the white block / hang after the Sony Presents screen. No errors that I can see, but here is a log:

Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_202.59;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_202.59;1) Game CRC = 0xDF832EE7, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]
Hmm, mine is the PAL version. Can't speak for the NTSC one :/
(01-26-2012, 10:01 PM)rama Wrote: Hmm, mine is the PAL version. Can't speak for the NTSC one :/

That actually helps a lot - Some other configs that were working were PAL also.