Getting a gaming laptop
I want to get a gaming laptop so that I can play games on the go while I'm at college. The main purpose of getting it is so that I can do my schoolwork on it and run PCSX2 in 60 fps for NTSC games and 50 fps for PAL games (I have a ton of games, demos and retails from PAL, NTSC-J and NTSC-U regions). Here is the laptop I'm hoping to get:
https://www.amazon.com/HP-17-inch-Anti-G...x+1060+6gb
In my opinion, I think it's a steal as it has a really good graphics card, an SSD with an HDD for the games and a really fast processor. What do you guys think?
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!

Sponsored links

Do I think it's a good laptop for the cost? Yeah.

That's about it though.

This thing is going to weigh upwards of 8 pounds, be about a foot deep and 17 inches wide, and stand 1.3 inches off a table. For school, you might find it inconvenient to be lugging this thing along all day.
It's not like I need it all day long. I would bring it only on days where I would be working on like an essay or a speech and I come back home during the day to rest myself up and change up the materials I need for a different class.
PC Specs:
maybe just spent a tad less on the laptop/desktop for at home and just buy a cheap laptop/notebook/netbook for school, I would say you get way more bang for your buck that way.
(10-31-2018, 04:18 AM)StriFe Wrote: maybe just spent a tad less on the laptop/desktop for at home and just buy a cheap laptop/notebook/netbook for school, I would say you get way more bang for your buck that way.

This. I personally am running the desktop in my signature, and I have an el cheapo Surface 3 that I take to class. It can't do much more than Microsoft Office, Eclipse, and internet browsing, but that's all I need it for. Super light too.
I found a similar laptop that's about 15 inches and includes twice the SSD memory stated (256GB) for only $1,099. I'm now considering this PC instead. It's still an HP Omen laptop with the same graphics card, processor, and amount of RAM as well.
PC Specs:
ONLY 1099$? dude I can live 3 months atleast on that money, do not say it like 1100$ is nothing Smile
I do have $4,533 on me and that's from my financial aid refund account. I go to college as a dependent student and I was qualified for aid. I'm willing to spend $1,099 when I will get more refund money. However, I really do feel you. Getting that amount of money is definitely not easy, especially if you are working in job with low wages and living paycheck to paycheck.   Smile
PC Specs: