Getting low fps on good gaming PC
(05-19-2013, 02:55 PM)mattx019 Wrote: EE 1% to 6% it keeps changing.
GS: 0% to 5% keeps changing.
UI: 0% to 1%
State 0
Limiter: Normal
Fps: 40
Interlanced (Field) 512x448
GSdx

Wow those numbers are REALLY weird. Your CPU is obviously not being hardly touched at all... That leaves it at a possible GPU issue. What resolution are you running at? Also, you wouldn't happen to be using 2 graphics chips would you? (SLI)
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

(05-19-2013, 07:56 PM)Koji Wrote: Wow those numbers are REALLY weird. Your CPU is obviously not being hardly touched at all... That leaves it at a possible GPU issue. What resolution are you running at? Also, you wouldn't happen to be using 2 graphics chips would you? (SLI)
No its a single Gpu and the resolution im running at is 1920x1080
However my Gpu is overclocked, do you think that could be the issue.
Check your task manager while you are running the game, making sure you have everything sorted by CPU usage (biggest at the top). The fact none of the values are above 10% tell me something else outside of PCSX2 is hogging your cpu, usually at least one of those numbers should be very high.

If not, can we see your GSDX config and possibly your EE/VU settings? You shouldn't need speedhacks at all for your computer on those 2 games, they are very light, i've played them at full speed on weaker computers.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-19-2013, 09:39 PM)refraction Wrote: Check your task manager while you are running the game, making sure you have everything sorted by CPU usage (biggest at the top). The fact none of the values are above 10% tell me something else outside of PCSX2 is hogging your cpu, usually at least one of those numbers should be very high.

If not, can we see your GSDX config and possibly your EE/VU settings? You shouldn't need speedhacks at all for your computer on those 2 games, they are very light, i've played them at full speed on weaker computers.
Okay ill try that when i get home, Ill so make pcx2 as priority and see if it helps.
(05-19-2013, 09:55 PM)mattx019 Wrote: Okay ill try that when i get home, Ill so make pcx2 as priority and see if it helps.

Changing PCSX2 priority should not be done, there is no reason for it also if it was working as should. Whatever is happening in there seems related with the emulator's installation, not even something else robing CPU resources should give those low numbers.

The recommendation is reinstalling the emulator, delete the former folders (don't forget a possible PCSX2 folder under Documents folder) caring to preserve the BIOS, saves, etc... but NOT the inis and whatever configuration files. Once in this process make sure not installing under C:\Program Files.

You may want to download and try the last SVN build also, just in case.

The important is letting the emulator remake the config files from scratch.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-19-2013, 10:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Whatever is happening in there seems related with the emulator's installation, not even something else robing CPU resources should give those low numbers.

I wager you that it isn't the installation Tongue Installing to program files can cause crashes and hangs maybe, but just being slow, unlikely ;p

(05-19-2013, 10:10 PM)refraction Wrote: I wager you that it isn't the installation Tongue Installing to program files can cause crashes and hangs maybe, but just being slow, unlikely ;p

Man, like I stated in my first post in this thread, this is the first time I can't see a dot of light at the end of the tunnel looking to those numbers Smile it's just too strange.

PS: Kind of the emulator's installer or binaries corrupted and just not running as they should (hence the suggestion of redownloading it)... I really can't imagine why a program supposed to be demanding is just seating idle in there laughing at our faces Laugh
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-19-2013, 10:10 PM)refraction Wrote: I wager you that it isn't the installation Tongue Installing to program files can cause crashes and hangs maybe, but just being slow, unlikely ;p

doesn't crash, doesn't hang.

but for the sake of testing:
right-click the pcsx2 exe and click "run as administrator" (You wan't see much change, but report it please)
Just checked my Cpu usage for Pcx2 and its about 16% when FFX is playing and im still getting 40 fps, does anyone know anyway to make pcx2 utilize more cpu power, btw my power setting is on high.
is PCSX2 only using 16% or do you mean your cpu as a whole is only using 16%?