Getting the problem vtlb miss : addr 0x8, mode 0
So, I made a new iso of my DVD and when I launch it the Ps2 Output indicates that everything is ok. The game starts and i see one "movie", one that shows that Sierra made the game and it is like a intro movie. Then the screen turns black and nothing more happends, thats it. Nothing is being reported in the Ps2 Output either. And the same happends when I try to play the game directly from the DVD. Any suggestions here?

Sponsored links

what game is it? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(05-15-2009, 11:24 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: what game is it? Smile

Still Spyro - Enter The Dragonfly.
This is how it looks:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hmm what's your config?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
From the compat list:
Spyro - Enter The Dragonfly SLUS 20315 U Intro

The keyword above being "Intro" -- meaning it's not playable anyway, even if you do get it to boot. Chances are you're just running into an emulator bug, and there's no way to fix it just by hacking around with configurations and such.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(05-17-2009, 05:11 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: hmm what's your config?

Config in? If you mean my PCSX2 configs i have them in another post before this one.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=18566
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=18567
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=18568
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=18569

(05-17-2009, 05:20 AM)Air Wrote: From the compat list:
Spyro - Enter The Dragonfly SLUS 20315 U Intro

The keyword above being "Intro" -- meaning it's not playable anyway, even if you do get it to boot. Chances are you're just running into an emulator bug, and there's no way to fix it just by hacking around with configurations and such.

Then why doesn't some Playstation 2 games work with this emulator? Is this a known issue or just random?
(05-17-2009, 08:22 PM)T@wo Wrote: Then why doesn't some Playstation 2 games work with this emulator? Is this a known issue or just random?

Because the emulator is approximately a combined 650,000 lines of code, including plugins, is fairly complicated and performance-tweaked at that (read: we can't afford to do run-time error checks on many things since it renders games at sub 1-fps), and we're all poor hobos who work for free and during our spare time.

The fact that any games work should be considered a godsend.

Do we know about these bugs? Duh. Are they fixable? Mostly yes (fixing some known bugs would require significant performance hits, however). Will we fix them? When we have time, hopefully. Is your game more important than everyone else's? Not a chance, so don't make requests for specific games to get fixed.

File bug reports if you have constructive info. If all you have is a game that crashes, and the compat list for said games says "intro" or "menus", then it meas we know it doesn't work and we'll get to it when we can. Subsequent pestering will be ignored. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(05-17-2009, 08:35 PM)Air Wrote:
(05-17-2009, 08:22 PM)T@wo Wrote: Then why doesn't some Playstation 2 games work with this emulator? Is this a known issue or just random?

Because the emulator is approximately a combined 650,000 lines of code, including plugins, is fairly complicated and performance-tweaked at that (read: we can't afford to do run-time error checks on many things since it renders games at sub 1-fps), and we're all poor hobos who work for free and during our spare time.

The fact that any games work should be considered a godsend.

Do we know about these bugs? Duh. Are they fixable? Mostly yes (fixing some known bugs would require significant performance hits, however). Will we fix them? When we have time, hopefully. Is your game more important than everyone else's? Not a chance, so don't make requests for specific games to get fixed.

File bug reports if you have constructive info. If all you have is a game that crashes, and the compat list for said games says "intro" or "menus", then it meas we know it doesn't work and we'll get to it when we can. Subsequent pestering will be ignored. Smile

I really like those answeres. A nice and constructive answere that explains everything and how it works and what to do. Now I understand and just need to wait until the game work with the emulator (if it ever will). I thank you for your good answere and everyone else who helped me.