Ghosting in Tekken Tag Tournament
I am running Tekken Tag Tournament on the pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2341-g0e329347c-windows-x86 build of the emulator at 8x native resolution and I get this very weird ghosting effect. 
It's very minor but it makes the whole game look "off" and more blurry than it should be.
I also tried out tekken 4 and 5 and neither of them have this problem.
Any advice on what I could try to fix it?

Picture of the problem:
https://ibb.co/fyu8SH
(I circled it below the clock because i think it's the most noticable there in a still picture.)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(04-12-2018, 02:27 AM)ZCK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Sure

CPU- i7-4790
GPU- Nvidia Geforce 1080 Ti
32gb of Ram
Windows 10

For my version of PCSX2 please see the op.

For hacks I am using the Align Sprite one to get rid of the black vertical bars.

I‘m trying to play the US version of Tekken Tag Tournament from an ISO.
Can you switch to the OpenGL renderer and then post your GSdx settings please?
(04-12-2018, 02:11 AM)TheI3arracuda Wrote: I am running Tekken Tag Tournament on the pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2341-g0e329347c-windows-x86 build of the emulator at 8x native resolution and I get this very weird ghosting effect. 
It's very minor but it makes the whole game look "off" and more blurry than it should be.
I also tried out tekken 4 and 5 and neither of them have this problem.
Any advice on what I could try to fix it?

Picture of the problem:
https://ibb.co/fyu8SH
(I circled it below the clock because i think it's the most noticable there in a still picture.)

Change the interlacing mode to "Bob tff". With that, you might want to also enable half pixel offset to "normal" but not sure if that is needed.
(04-12-2018, 08:10 AM)someother1ne Wrote: Change the interlacing mode to "Bob tff". With that, you might want to also enable half pixel offset to "normal" but not sure if that is needed.

Alright, Bob tff fixed the ghosting but now the whole game is just blurry.
It looks like this for me: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SS-Gc-pxJM&t=253s

When I would like it to look super crisp like it does here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QaCTyY4Va0&t=87s

My config:

[Image: Unbenannt.png]

[Image: Unbenannt1.png]
I think the game is just blurry no matter what. It was similar to this on actual PS2 hardware. The game utilized the GS in a weird manner and most editions of the game are after they tried to fix the excessive jagginess of the original Japanese release, so the blur might be a side effect of all that.
(04-12-2018, 02:17 PM)NarooN Wrote: I think the game is just blurry no matter what. It was similar to this on actual PS2 hardware. The game utilized the GS in a weird manner and most editions of the game are after they tried to fix the excessive jagginess of the original Japanese release, so the blur might be a side effect of all that.

I thought so too but if you watch the second video J posted a bit further up then you can see that the blur can be removed.
(04-12-2018, 03:14 PM)TheI3arracuda Wrote: I thought so too but if you watch the second video J posted a bit further up then you can see that the blur can be removed.

i have seen these videos of tekken tag running allegedly in 4K with no blurring and no problems but everytime anyone ask how to do it "conveniently" no one knows the "right settings"... why pcsx2 why?... btw my specs are the same as he and although i have notice a big improvement in tekken tag in recent git versions it still is impossible to run in 4k like those videos in youtube, i have come to realize they are all just B***SH*** and trying to prove pcsx2 does more than it actually does...
If you give.us your GSdx settings and PCSX2 version, I'm sure it's possible...