2 days,11 hours ago
gsdx: remove openCL from the ini if it isn't enabled

and Revision  on the download page

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

v1.3.1-1540-gb1d7f0e
Gregory Hainaut
2015-12-14 10:00:28

why are the revisions  completely different? Should the Revision use on the first page be revision number in the download like so?
v1.3.1-1540-b1d7f0e
Gregory Hainaut
2015-12-14 10:00:28

I really dont know how the devs keep track of things this this way, not even when start up pcsx2 does it show the revision it show the date. I just think confusing to users as the revision number on one page dont match what is on another..

[/url]

[url=https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/b1d7f0e3fd861f331880d596203d1df15db86b04]

Sponsored links

Quote:why are the revisions  completely different? Should the Revision use on the first page be revision number in the download like so?

What do you mean by completely different? The only difference is the just one letter - the first g -.

Quote:I really dont know how the devs keep track of things this this way, not even when start up pcsx2 does it show the revision it show the date. I just think confusing to users as the revision number on one page dont match what is on another..

The folder name contains the version and the commit ID, and the the title shows the date, and the exact time down to the second. Not very neat, but workable.
none the less the 2 pages dont show the same revision and i dont think people are gona use defualt name fpr the folder , it to big and to long, i willing to bet alot just name the folder pcsx2.

I mostly curious to why the 2 pages have different revision numbers, The same revisions number should be use on both pages and in the build, and that SAME revision number should be after the date and time, builds down load and in builds titlebar/log to make everything everything say the same things.

Still say current way is mess and confusing, and is why i find problem, and one reason I refuse to track down where things went wrong and just mention the build i using, and let the devs fiqure it out. the lest that can be done is make sure both pages and git build show the same revision number, to most people b1d7f0e and gb1d7f0e are not the same revision and if the description wasnt there they sure wouldn't think that either

unless there logicial reason Im not seeing as to why the 2 pages dont list the same revision number.
I guess the revision number is made by the orphis bot to make it easier for newbies. It does not really belong to pcsx2 and therefore you can not see it anywhere else.
Normally there is nothing like a real revision in git. Everything is a branch and all development is in parallel. You can also manipulate the history. That's why this hash is actually a better identifier - especially accross branches.

I think a lot of users were confused so that the revision number was introduced to increase readability for users.
We can tell exactly which version the user is running, that is all that matters.
The buildbot don't keep the revs forever.
How will you know which rev I'm running from the pcsx2 main screen title if the rev with that date don't exist in the buildbot page.

For example currently I'm using "PCSX2 1.3.1-20151021151645"(no particular reason),how will you find which rev I'm using if you don't look at the builbot page?
(12-17-2015, 12:04 AM)vsub Wrote: For example currently I'm using "PCSX2  1.3.1-20151021151645"(no particular reason),how will you find which rev I'm using if you don't look at the builbot page?

The time is from the git commit submission, not the buildbot. You can find the exact time in the git by hovering over the date of the commit. There is an exact 1 hour difference though, so it has to be a timezone difference, no idea why though.
Ok but that doesn't help in any way to find the rev using only github...unless there is a way to search by date and time
Something similar was actually brought up on Github. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1043
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yes I saw that and if I remember correctly,there was some problem and that's why we are using the current naming method