Gitaroo Man runs strange?
Yes, it's irrelevant in this case, but is advisable changing that location ASAP, will not solve the current issue but can spare a lot of headache in near future.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(04-07-2013, 12:21 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: From my experience, games that are music/rhythm depended , they have a mechanism that looks like exactly what happens on dialogs when you put async mode on. The dialog will not be faster but it will start only when the frame that it is coded to start will be reached. So in music, the sample's ADSR be modified, so it will keep being played until you reach the frame that will give the ok for the next sample to start. So in practice this means, with or without async mix the sound will be locked to the speed of the game but the audiable result will be drasticaly different. Like when it slows down, it will sound like there are less BPM to the track with no weird artifacts compared to sync mode that it sounds like audio when you put it through a non CPU intese streching algorithm, so also the same result will be given if it goes above the framelimmit cap. This was possibly an attempt to handle internal slowdowns on the real console. Now, to always be sure, try it and see what happens but for sure it will not solve your problem if you are losing fps, it will simply make it sound less ugly.

Thank you, this is good to know (don't have any rhythm games except an old DDR and with no dance pad for my PC or adapter I haven't bothered to try it).
[Image: 2748844.png]