Gitaroo Man runs strange?
So I recently got this playstation 2 emulator working quite well, but I still have issues with Gitaroo Man. It's the one game I can't get to work perfect.
I have an AMD FX 8350 Piledriver CPU, 8 cores at 4.0ghz and a Radeon HD 7950. I shouldn't have issues with anything, really.
Are there some settings I should change to make Gitaroo Man run better, or what?

Sponsored links

(04-06-2013, 11:57 PM)jarakusi Wrote: So I recently got this playstation 2 emulator working quite well, but I still have issues with Gitaroo Man. It's the one game I can't get to work perfect.
I have an AMD FX 8350 Piledriver CPU, 8 cores at 4.0ghz and a Radeon HD 7950. I shouldn't have issues with anything, really.
Are there some settings I should change to make Gitaroo Man run better, or what?

What do you mean by "work perfect"? Are we talking slow downs? Glitches? Not syncing?

Wouldn't hurt either if you could post the contents of the emulog.txt (it's in your logs folder).
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-06-2013, 11:59 PM)Koji Wrote: What do you mean by "work perfect"? Are we talking slow downs? Glitches? Not syncing?

Wouldn't hurt either if you could post the contents of the emulog.txt (it's in your logs folder).

i suppose i shouldn't say "perfect", my bad.
when i play it, the cutscenes play just fine, but when the gameplay starts there's quite a bit of audio/video lag and it just slows down from 60 fps to about 45-50 fps.

also i don't know how much of the logs you need, but:
Quote:PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8137 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
CPU speed = 4.333 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 3e98320b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA
MMX2 .. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 230ms)
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (8.17.10.1172)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\lilypad-r5350.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\cdvdiso-r5350.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (8.17.10.1172)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.
Try async mode in audio plugin that may help slowness sound
(04-07-2013, 02:21 AM)billyash Wrote: Try async mode in audio plugin that may help slowness sound

Disregard this suggestion. In a rhythm game, the last thing you'll want to do is desync gameplay from audio.

Okay, so now we know you're talking about slowdowns. In the PCSX2 window while the game is running slow, what are the %'s for EE, GS, and VU? Are any hitting 90-100%? If so, your CPU is causing the slowdowns. About the only thing you can do then is try some speed hacks (start with the recommended ones). If none of those are maxing out, or it's just GS maxing out, it may be your graphics card. In that case, lower your resolution to 2-3x native, or even just native. You can also try software mode (press the f9 key while the game is playing) it won't have any of the nice scaling, but it may be faster with your CPU.
[Image: 2748844.png]
With 45-50fps won't caused bad sound sync, if under 40 fps there will bad sound sync
(04-07-2013, 04:03 AM)billyash Wrote: With 45-50fps won't caused bad sound sync, if under 40 fps there will bad sound sync

Indeed, low FPS creates problem, but Koji is right also. That is a special class of games where desync is "fatal" for playability, better trying to get the correct speed by other means first, if not possible, sorry, that game may be just too demanding for the machine, the CPU at 4GHz may not be enough for some games...

That's the case where VU cycle stealing speedhack is the greater hope. EE cycle rate at half could help without breaking sound sync but, that's a try and err process.

Edit: wait, now I'm not sure if did understand what you mean, raw low FPS desync everything. Besides, in a "music" game that's bad.
Imagination is where we are truly real
From my experience, games that are music/rhythm depended , they have a mechanism that looks like exactly what happens on dialogs when you put async mode on. The dialog will not be faster but it will start only when the frame that it is coded to start will be reached. So in music, the sample's ADSR be modified, so it will keep being played until you reach the frame that will give the ok for the next sample to start. So in practice this means, with or without async mix the sound will be locked to the speed of the game but the audiable result will be drasticaly different. Like when it slows down, it will sound like there are less BPM to the track with no weird artifacts compared to sync mode that it sounds like audio when you put it through a non CPU intese streching algorithm, so also the same result will be given if it goes above the framelimmit cap. This was possibly an attempt to handle internal slowdowns on the real console. Now, to always be sure, try it and see what happens but for sure it will not solve your problem if you are losing fps, it will simply make it sound less ugly.
Why no one seeing it.he installed pcsx2 in c: program files.first reinsatll it to another drive not in c drive.then see if your problem solve & only use recommended speedhacks!!
(04-07-2013, 01:07 PM)Preet Wrote: Why no one seeing it.he installed pcsx2 in c: program files.first reinsatll it to another drive not in c drive.then see if your problem solve & only use recommended speedhacks!!

Because it´s totally irrelevant and useless ?
Changing the location wont change anything about slowdowns
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go