Gladius School Slot Patch
Howdy! I just registered because I'm working on creating a pnach file for Gladius that opens all Gladiator slots from the first area (Valens start, Imperia) and I'm looking for ideas to help me find the value I need to alter or help creating the cheat.

A few things complicate this, namely that there are only three times in the game where this value actually changes and they are far between (As you change regions (or more specifically as your school progresses from amateur/semi-pro/pro)).

Does anyone have experience with this game and/or creating pnach files/cheats that can lend their insight?

Sponsored links

So save a state just before each value changes and shift through them? That is supposing it's all one value.
If it is, it's either sequential (where each increment of 1 means that a new slot has been unlocked if they're in order) or bitwise if there's no order to slot unlocking, in which case 1 is slot 1, 2 is slot 2, 4 is slot 3, 8 is slot 4 and so on, and any number between those is a combination of gate values.

If each slot is a separate memory position it's likely that it's a boolean switch, which makes it even harder to pinpoint it considering it switches only once in the entire game. Save before the value change and keep going back and forth to narrow down the results. This won't be enough though, so play a while and do searches in the meantime as lots of values change as you play. You'll probably find it eventually.
Regarding the save state slots:
If you are not enough for 10 slots, create a sub folder under the Cheats folder and move the save states to there. You can have save states more than 10.

Regarding the bit flags:
I don't know that the type of the values is which like bit, byte and so on. But if the type of the values is bit, the bit flags are sometimes corresponding to the screen order. This means:
If you don't get any unlocked thing, search by 0.
If you get the first unlocked thing, search by 1.
If you get the first and second unlocked things, search by 3.
If you get the first, second and third unlocked things, search by 7.
like this.
(08-19-2014, 06:38 AM)tadatada Wrote: Regarding the save state slots:
If you are not enough for 10 slots, create a sub folder under the Cheats folder and move the save states to there. You can have save states more than 10.

Regarding the bit flags:
I don't know that the type of the values is which like bit, byte and so on. But if the type of the values is bit, the bit flags are sometimes corresponding to the screen order. This means:
If you don't get any unlocked thing, search by 0.
If you get the first unlocked thing, search by 1.
If you get the first and second unlocked things, search by 3.
If you get the first, second and third unlocked things, search by 7.
like this.

pretty much what i just said in more words Smile