GoW Kratos Shadow DX11?
Is the only way to get Kratos's shadow to render is to use OpenGL setting? 

As i cant seem to get the shadow to render in DX9 or DX11 mode and if i use OpenGL then the performance of the game seems to tank!. On DX11 i get a full 100% speed at 5x resolution but in OpenGL i cant even seem to get 100% speed at 3x resolution on my Intel i7, GTX 1070 and 16GB system

Sponsored links

The OpenGL renderer has been worked on more then the DirectX ones, with only some changes being ported over to the DX11 one. Some of the introduced features and accuracy changes do make it heavier to run. What settings are you using on OpenGL? Maybe you have something that is not necessary on that is hitting your performance even more then it needs to be.
Part of the reason for the slow down is the accuracy of the opengl renderer, but in your case it sound's like there's another issue entirely with that whole thing post your pcsx2 settings here.
(04-24-2018, 06:16 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: Part of the reason for the slow down is the accuracy of the opengl renderer, but in your case it sound's like there's another issue entirely with that whole thing post your pcsx2 settings here.

Ok here my settings (no game fix settings)...

[Image: GU56cIK.jpg]

using OpenGL the game seems to fluctuate between 100% and 75% where with the same settings on DX11 its 100% all the time
[Image: cAdgVY6.png] [Image: jV8FCGh.png]
[Image: GwvpUTn.png] [Image: dKCfgVt.png]
[Image: jvPIWDf.png] [Image: 1tac3ux.png]
Turn down Blending to basic.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Maybe we should add "ultra high end" for high blending.

Basic should be enough for the shadow. However the sky color will be a bit wrong, but basic will be a huge speed up.
(04-24-2018, 01:24 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Turn down Blending to basic.

(04-24-2018, 03:15 PM)gregory Wrote: Maybe we should add "ultra high end" for high blending.

Basic should be enough for the shadow. However the sky color will be a bit wrong, but basic will be a huge speed up.

Hmm that didnt seem to change much at all, a bit better but still drops to about 85% speed now again where as DC11 was rock solid at much higer settings.

Seems odd DX11 is not the main render for this emulators seeing as its been about for ages now and has got to be more popular than OpenGL in 2018 and the shadow bug appears to have been around for a good while, thought it would have been fixed for DX9 and DX11 by now?
(04-24-2018, 04:02 PM)BlockABoots Wrote: Hmm that didnt seem to change much at all, a bit better but still drops to about 85% speed now again where as DC11 was rock solid at much higer settings.

Seems odd DX11 is not the main render for this emulators seeing as its been about for ages now and has got to be more popular than OpenGL in 2018 and the shadow bug appears to have been around for a good while, thought it would have been fixed for DX9 and DX11 by now?

Dx11 emulates half the draw calls (and the easy half) of course it is faster but broken. So no, DX11 isn't faster with higher setting.

I don't know if you're GPU-limited or CPU-limited, but potentially you should limit yourself to 4x (or even 3x).
(04-24-2018, 04:41 PM)gregory Wrote: Dx11 emulates half the draw calls (and the easy half) of course it is faster but broken. So no, DX11 isn't faster with higher setting.

I don't know if you're GPU-limited or CPU-limited, but potentially you should limit yourself to 4x (or even 3x).

Hmm i wouldn't have though a Haswell 4770K CPU at 4GHZ and GTX 1070 would be a bottleneck for this emulator though?