God Of War 2 Green Screen
(05-27-2010, 03:03 PM)Livy the pixie Wrote: I have the same green screen issue with v0.9.6 and beta r1888. But a few days ago I tried v0.9.7 r3007 and no longer encounter that issue. The r3007 is much better than the r1888, not only in God of War II. FFX for example -- in v0.9.6 and r1888, the cinematics (cutscenes) are choppy and the screen blink constantly when I enable speedhacks, but they run smoothly in r3007 with speedhacks enabled. A variety of graphic bugs in many games is gone, too (Tidus has some grey hair in 0.9.6, but in r3007, his entire hair is yellow).

Download r3007 here: *removed*
There's no offical configuration guide at the moment, but I think you can figure it out.

P.S: I have a PS2, and use PCSX2 with diagnostic purpose only while waiting for a new laptop (maybe next year or later). I never get over 30 fps with God of War II. Trying PCSX2 on AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 2.9 Ghz and GeForce 9400 GS, FFX run at full speed, but when I try God of War II, only the opening cinematics run at full speed. In game it drops to 20 fps Sad. Does FFX use only 1/3 the power of the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer while God of War II uses their full power?

God of war 2 is a lot more heavy to emulate than FFX

Sponsored links