God Of War 2 Kraken freeze
Hi, I've been playing through GoW2 flawlessly in the latest nightly build of PCSX2, however, after resurecting the phoenix and fighting the Spartan warrior, a cutscene plays in which a kraken shows up. I can get past the cutscene just fine but after 3 seconds of gameplay, the game will freeze and won't allow me to progress. The emulator is not crashing and it shows the game still running at full speed (speed even changes when I fast forward).
I've tried to mess with EE Cycle options and other graphics renderers like D3D11/12, Open GL or Software and I've also tried tinkering with more graphics options, the game will always freeze there no matter what.
I'd appreciate if anyone would be able to help me with this issue.

My specs are:
8GB Ram
Intel i5 CPU
Nvidia GTX 960 GPU

If there is any log that I should post, please tell me which one and where to find it, my pcsx2 is in portable mode, in case it matters.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-07-2022, 04:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
Hi, I tried finding such log, but the one on my documents folder dates back to March 2020 and there is no emu.log on my pcsx2 portable folder.
What pscx2 version ?
(12-07-2022, 07:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What pscx2 version ?

I am running the newest PCSX2 nightly build. I updated it through the application itself.
ok. qt, then.
go to tools->enable file loggin
then play until it crashes, and post the emulog here
(12-07-2022, 07:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. qt, then.
go to tools->enable file loggin
then play until it crashes, and post the emulog here

Thank you, I will try doing this some other time as I'm gonna be unable to use my pc for a day or 2 but I'll put it here as soon as I'm able to.